What's a good dog food for dogs with allergies?

1. Coffeemugged profile image59
    Coffeemuggedposted 8 years ago

I have a Golden Retriever that I mention in my hub, and she is constantly having skin problems. I have been very consistant about keeping up with her flea treatments, because she gets flea dermatatis and chews holes in her back if she gets fleas.

However she STILL has a hot spot on her back, and gets yeast infections in her ears regularly.  I've heard that some dogs are sensitive to certain types of dog food. Does anyone have any good ideas as to what type of dog food would be good for a dog who is prone to yeast infections and other weird skin issues?

2. G@D profile image60
    G@Dposted 8 years ago

I have a short tailed mix breed, that has a nervous condition and dug herself almost bald.  The vet had her on every thing and every kind of test.  About a $100.00 later, still no improvement.  I put her on a Lamb and Rice food and could see an improvement with in a week.  By the time she finished the first 40 lb bag, she had hair.  She just finished the second bag and her coat is beautiful and her nervous condition has improved greatly.  It won't hurt to try.  Let me know how it goes.  Good Luck!  Hope this helps

3. Coffeemugged profile image59
    Coffeemuggedposted 8 years ago

Thank you so much! I will give that a try.