jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Does your dog like music?

1. profile image0
    Precious Williamsposted 6 years ago

I was just reading on sky news about a concert that has just been held in Australia at the Sydney Opera House. Apparently it was a "world first" as it was a performance staged specifically for "canine music fans".  Apparantly the composer Laurie Anderson says that she doesn't really know what sort of music dogs like, but tried it out on her own dog.  One of the highlights apparantly was a section of "whale calls". 

I'm not sure I would go if one was staged in England, because I couldn't have coped with the sounds.  My dog loves classical music but hates rock.  What about yours?

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Animals react/respond to pitched frequencies within music. Some are irritated by certain sounds and some are not.

Both my cats have no problem with any music, regardless.

3. outdoorsguy profile image60
    outdoorsguyposted 6 years ago

depends on which of my dogs.. but most of them like Evenesence's Save me.  Some Irish folks music.  NIckleback and a lot of country LOL

They all seem to hate lady gaga as I found out at a friends house LOL

4. Richieb799 profile image63
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Who Let the Dogs out, Roof Roof Roof!

5. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I don't have a dog but my cat likes it when I sing.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How do you know?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
        Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol Well, I THINK he like it. He sort of cocks his head a bit and squeezes his eyes smile

6. profile image0
    Precious Williamsposted 6 years ago

I caught a report on the television of the concert yesterday evening.  Certainly the dogs seemed very content, rolling around or barking gently, but whether this was the music or the fact they were surrounded by their canine friends - who knows!

working