jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

do rabbits like waterwe

1. 61
    brazshellposted 6 years ago

hi im new i bought a rabbit a few months ago he will be 3 months 1 week on the 20th. was told by a breeder on net he looked like a flemish. he is already at least 6 pounds. he grew fast. so anyway my bf built him this huge cage were he has room to run and a top section to get out of the sun,thats were he naps
      well  we bought him a bigger water bottle a bigger food bowl we bought him a dog bowl with the two sections one for water one for food. well the reason why we made sure he had so much was because we were going on a 2 day trip. so now he only likes to drink out his bowl. well here is my question. this is so cute he will jump in his water bowl put both front paws and back in his bowl and just look around lol. he does this every day around 530 6pm. does your bunny do this?

1. 0
      eternaltreasuresposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I dont know about rabbits what do they like. I just know they like leaves, and herbivorous. you can do a research on a trusted source on the internet or ask around or best ask the seller where you bought it and what does he recommend

2. 0
      QuincyDaWonderDogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

he is prolly doing dis because he is hot and trying to cool off. domesticated rabbits aren't da same as wild rabbits and are sensitive to temperature extremes. dey really should be inside, especially in da summer. deir are some good sites where people know A LOT about rabbits like bunspace dot com. i hope dis helps you learn all about your bunny.

2. 0
    Lecieposted 6 years ago

welcome to hubpages. my sister had a dwarf rabbit once. i had to bathe her because my sister was afraid she wou;dn't like it and scratch her to pieces. the little rabbit loved the water. i had no trouble at all. she was easier to bathe than my cats. after that my sister gave her regular baths with extra time for splashing and playing. it's very cute to watch.

1. 0
      eternaltreasuresposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I hope this is a helpful advice to BRAZSHELL

3. wychic profile image80
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I used to raise rabbits (153 at one point) and most of them liked to play in the water. Also, depending on the temperature around that time, the rabbit may be getting hot...overheating is a serious issue with rabbits and can easily kill them. If you notice him panting, especially while stretched out on the floor of the cage, you may need to mist him with water from a spray bottle a few times a day to keep him cool. If he is a Flemish, he'll keep growing fast for quite a while, they do get HUGE big_smile

1. iknowaboutrabbits profile image60
      iknowaboutrabbitsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

well, i know that normally rabbits HATE water! at least going into it, so, your rabbit might be trying to tell you somthing! mabey the bowls to big, mabey she wants a bottle and a bowl, if you need any thing else, just go to my hubs! bye bye!

4. caninecrtitics profile image64
    caninecrtiticsposted 6 years ago

My rabbit does it andthey somtimes do it to wash their pads and feet.  I have had numerous rabbits do it. It's normal

5. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 6 years ago

animals are individuals just like us!  I had a cat once who loved to get in the bathtub when there was just an inch or so of water left and splash around - I called her "little tiger" because of this - she loved to pretend she could catch the water with her paws as it went down the drain.  When she was very little she would get in but not be able to get back out - and would howl for me to come get her out - still, next time, she'd jump right back in for her little splash.   She did not like to be bathed much though.