cat sneezing

1. 61
    love baby's momposted 6 years ago

We take our cat Pickles with us to our mountain home, and we let her outside to enjoy the fresh air.  Upon arrival she loves to chew on  ornamental grass.  This was fine until one day, she swallowed a large piece of it.  The particular type of grass she injested is smooth rubbing in one direction, sharp and prickly the other.  It went down the smooth way.

My husband and I noticed Pickles was acting oddly, with frequent swallowing.  She had vomited several pieces of it up, so we thought the problem cured itself.  A few hours later, she was acting the same as before and sneezing profusely.  Upon close examination, we discovered that another piece of grass had somehow gotten into her airway.  The grass was sticking out of her nose!  I pulled it out, and it had pieces of pink tinged mucus on it.  It had to be painful for her, as the nasal passages are delicate, and the grass came out the prickly way.

Keep an eye on what your kitties get into!

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You might want to take her to a vet f any symptom continue.  Things can get embedded in the cats nasal passage and lead to an infection.