jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Hubbers Challenge.......

1. Stimp profile image80
    Stimpposted 6 years ago

Can you get through this without crying?  Not just for animal/horse lovers.  This clip shows the unique bond that Stacey has with this horse and the music is awesome.  Keep in mind, those who have never ridden before....she is controlling this horse with her seat (her butt)/ legs / hand cues.  She is  bareback.

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Pretty amazing, all right.  How does she stay on while the horse screeches to a halt so quickly?  Glue?  But then how does she get off if glued on?

1. Chaotic Chica profile image84
      Chaotic Chicaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Very strong muscles!

3. Chaotic Chica profile image84
    Chaotic Chicaposted 6 years ago

The bond that those two have is impossibly evident!  Many people do not understand what it takes to ride bareback and how much trust there must be between the two.  It is truly a beautiful thing and yes, there were tears welling up.  She is a fantastic rider with an equally fantastic horse. The love they have for each other is clear.  I loved the bow at the end, too!  Thanks for sharing!

4. Stimp profile image80
    Stimpposted 6 years ago

I ride bareback alot.  Yes, very strong leg muscles to do what she's doing and the horse is very very in tune with her body movement.  I do have a horse that will turn complete circles just listening to the slightest move in my hip bones (you get this simply by looking in the direction you want to go).  Takes a tremendous amount of training.  And,yes, riding bareback WITHOUT any facial control of the horse demands alot of trust.  Ben, my friesian who died, and I had that bond and it was amazing.  When my back hurt, I'd get on him like this and its like he could sense his "job".  he would just walk around and get my back to loosen up.  He inevitably died FOR me instead of letting me go instead.  THAT is a love I've never felt from any one or anything EVER.