Dog Names

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (24 posts)
  1. _cheryl_ profile image84
    _cheryl_posted 13 years ago

Hello Hubbers! I would love to hear any name suggestions for a small white coated male dog. We already have a female chihuahua/cockerspaniel mix my daughter named Mushu (after the dragon in Mulan-Disney movie). So far, we can't agree on a name. If it were up to my kids this little fellows name would be Shoeshine, Coco, or Max. I have no idea what breed he is, but he's a handsome looking dog and about the same size as Mushu. Looking forward to reading your suggestions, thanks!

2. mythbuster profile image72
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

Mister White,

Your kids can call him Mister lol

(when I was really young, my parents basically named the pets what they wanted and put Mr, Mrs., Miss, Sir, etc on the name so we thought WE were naming them some fancy name... I call my cat Sir when in doubt even as an adult) lol

_cheryl_posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lol! That's cute, I'll share that with the kids.

3. mythbuster profile image72
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

So formal - we thought we were soooooooooooooo clever lol

You know, come to think of it my father in law had a Chow and his name was Mister Brown!......My daughter shakes her head at Mister White, but my younger son likes it. No telling what my 14yr. old will think lol!

4. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

White Sands.

White Knight.

White Collar.

White Noise (if applicable).

5. leni sands profile image67
    leni sandsposted 13 years ago

How about Barney, Whitey or Shadow?  A friend of mine had a large white wolf type dog his name is Ghost.  Another friend has two dogs Rex and Kizzy, she always has two dogs and I remember some of their names Harry and Brady; Lucky and Duke...

The dogs I had growing up were called Shandy, Brandy, Laddie, and Maximillian (shortened to Max).

It's always fund coming up with a name for pets - try calling the dong all the different names see which one he likes!!

I actually thought of Whitey haha! It came to me thinking of that Adam Sandler movie....I do like Max but we're trying to see what else we can think of. It is fun trying to decide!

6. Joni Douglas profile image81
    Joni Douglasposted 13 years ago

Aspen
    Powder
    Blanco
    Snowflake
    Casper
    Bones

Gee, there are lots of names.

7. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Whitey the Wonder Hound

LOL! Wow, that's a mouthful. Sounds like he'll need a cape to go with that name. wink

8. camlo profile image85
    camloposted 13 years ago

I had a white dog  we called Snowy - okay, not very original. And I have a black cat I call Nero ... maybe you could call him Bianco.

I thought of Blanco, but he doesn't look like a Blanco =/

9. profile image0
    Lecieposted 13 years ago

how about Blizzard. blizzard should make him feel powerful like a snow storm and your kids will think about the sweet treat from dairy queen.

Blizzard...hmm. I don't know, but I do want a snkicker blizzard now! smile

10. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

or Blanco!

11. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 13 years ago

Nobody names their dog Bowzer anymore.

That sounds familiar.....Inspector Gadget right? Oh, my bad his dog's name is Brain haha! Where have I heard that name from...Bowser, cute.

12. luvpassion profile image63
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

Sugar Cube

13. mod2vint profile image61
    mod2vintposted 13 years ago

Gavin: Meaning “white falcon,”
    Finian: A male, Irish Gaelic name meaning “white,”

or

Alaska       Diamond       Phantom
          Albino       Daisy       Polar Bear
          Alvin       Everest       Powder
          Begonia       Fluffy       Rice
          Bentley       Frosty       Rowen
          Bianca       Galvin       Salty
          Blizzard       Ghost       Snowy
          Blondie       Glacier       Snowflake
          Bones       Gypsum       Star
          Bubbles       Ice       Stardust
          Buttermilk       Ivory       Starfire
          Casper       Klondike       Stargazer
          Chardonnay       Laksha       Sugar
          Chilly       McKinley       Teacup
          Coconut       Marshmallow       Vanilla
          Cotton       Nola       Whitey
          Crystal       Pearl       Whitney

I like Finian! I saw that name yesterday, maybe Fini for short. It's one of my faves fo far. smile

14. joaniemb profile image61
    joaniembposted 13 years ago

my daughter has a cute cookerpoo...they named him
    Charlie and the kids call him Charlie Man   lol

1. joaniemb profile image61
      joaniembposted 13 years agoin reply to this

cockerpoo  sorry

cocker spaniel and poodle? How cute! Aw, Charlie is cute too. He could look like a Charlie. That might be in the running. I love that the kids call him Charlie Man hahaha!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)