animal memories

1. 61
    emmawhelanposted 6 years ago

my dog has recently died and to keep me from breaking down i am keeping in my head all the memories that we had with him. please post any of your funny, sad, eventful or simply anything thats special to you that you remember about your pet

1. 0
      sarahsherlockposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I remember a my hamster, Pickles, who died a couple of years ago. As a special treat, Pickles would have some sundried corn on a stick. In typical hamster fashion he was not happy until he had removed all of the corn in one go overnight ready to store away. It didn't matter if it took him hours, he couldn't just eat bits at a time.

2. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image87
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 6 years ago

I remember saying goodbye to my red Pomeranian, Shadow, when we left Arizona to move back to Hawaii.  I remember the whole morning just before we had to say goodbye.  She knew.  We were both so sad and I was crying.  I remember the look in her eyes as she sat on the lap of the lady in the front passenger seat of the vehicle.  The lady was the adult daughter of the lady who would be the new owner, but lived 200 miles away.  Shadow sat there -- sitting straight up -- looking at me woefully as the vehicle pulled away from the curb.  I had given her a big hug and told her I love her.  I miss her still. 

Her new owner, an elderly lady name Rose, takes good care of her.  Shadow is a foo-foo dog now -- or looks like one.  She gets groomed and styled every five or six weeks.  She doesn't get to play until she drops anymore.  But she's fine.  I tell myself she's fine. I hope to see her next year when we go to Arizona.

Twenty years ago our dog, Tory, died.  I missed him terribly, but there was closure and I felt I will surely see him again.  Somehow it's more painful for me to know Shadow is in Arizona and I can't be with her right now.  It's painful because I don't know if she thinks I abandoned her or thought she was a bad dog.