Another Kind of Bulldog the Catahoula Bulldog:)

1. wilsonskennels profile image60
    wilsonskennelsposted 8 years ago

Hello:) I am Sherri Wilson and I own Wilson's Kennels in Vernon , Florida. I have a very small kennel as breeding Catahoula Bulldogs is my passion(hobby). The Catahoula Bulldog is a breed that has been around for 100 years. It was made by farmers and hunters who wanted a superior farm working dog and hunting dog. What they got was awesome !!Not only were they wonderful at working and hunting they were also GREAT with kids and VERY beautiful! My husband has been breeding American Bulldogs for 13 years and I have been breeding Catahoula Bulldogs for three years. ANY KIND OF DOG CAN BE A MENACE IF NOT RAISED RIGHT!!!!!  In 13 years none of my or my husbands dogs have EVER bitten anyone. They are well socialized with adlts and children as young as 2 years of age. Granted an American Bulldog is NOT a pittbull but these are all mostly Scott and Scott/johnson hybrids
    that can work and hunt/catch huge hogs . They could easily be made into something ugly but we bring them up so it is against their very nature tobe aggressive to people.

PUNISH THE DEED NOT THE BREED

2. Maddie Ruud profile image81
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

Hi Sherri:

I'm not sure what discussion (if any) you were trying to start here, but this post seems to border on self-promotion.  We discourage people from starting threads for that sole purpose alone.  You may want to weigh in on the pit bull discussion already in progress, or publish a hub on the subject.

3. wilsonskennels profile image60
    wilsonskennelsposted 8 years ago

My point was that I raise bulldogs that could be menacing but are wonderful! it is the first time I posted so I introduced myself.I am a breeder who lives for their dogs.My dogs are my life. I wasn't aware that it sounded like self promotion . I have a button on my website leading directly to my information and I am not 'promoting' myself but promoting this site through my own .