jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

stop puppy mills

1. 60
    puppy mill haterposted 5 years ago

i dont understand what is wrong with you cruel people! i swear if i ever see one of you puppy mill owners i will make sure you go to jail for a very long time, and make you pay for what you did! i am so sick of seeing you people hurt these poor animals!i feel so bad for all of you who are doing such a horrible thing!

1. JayeWisdom profile image94
      JayeWisdomposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There are, unfortunately, puppy mill owners operating in small towns of the U.S. where the Humane Society can't get cooperation from authorities to shut them down. If people would stop buying puppies or dogs either directly from these people or from the pet shops they supply, the demand would dry up and so would (hopefully) the supply. They only do it to make money, not because they enjoy raising pups.

If everyone who wanted a dog went first of all to a local animal shelter and adopted a homeless dog, that would help. There should not be any homeless (or euthanized) dogs, and wouldn't be if so many people didn't want "designer dogs."  Think about it folks, when you want to get a dog as a pet and a friend. Save a life, and your pet will be more loyal than most humans you know and love you unconditionally.

2. Tanzzee profile image60
    Tanzzeeposted 5 years ago

Here is a good post on this subject: http://4petsonline.com/the-unique-chall … mill-dogs/

3. 61
    The Pet Ladyposted 5 years ago

I agree with you. Puppy mills,and back yard breeders are people who have no concern about the animals they have in captivity. In the area of the south where I am living the act of puppy breeding runs rampid. The shelters are over crowded with unwanted pets that ultimately get destroyed for lack of space and resources. We do fortunately have several active rescues that will spare the lives of these animals, but it is ultimately up to the public to become aware of the need to spay and neuter their pets, and if they are looking for a pet to visit the local shelters and, like the ASPCA states, "make adoption your first option".

4. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

In rural areas ,animal breeding is the only means to make any money...
    they view it much like cattle or any other livestock raising...
    they are a product like the crops they grow...

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Especially with groups like the Amish. Their puppy mills are infamous.