jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

The Truth About Pitbulls

1. snowgirl profile image60
    snowgirlposted 8 years ago

The truth about pit bulls, is that they are actually kissbulls.  I also refer to them as wigglebutts and smiley dogs.  I have never met a pit bull I didn't like.
    I'm a proud mother of two pit pups and they are like children to me.  I have never had such loving, people-friendly and snuggly dogs.  Together, we walk, run, play, snuggle, act as couch potatoes and sleep.  They love nothing more than being with their people.

Stop spreading hatred people, especially those who have never even owned a pit.  Enough of the ridiculous sensationalized news stories...how about some of the good images of pits--with their families and working as therapy dogs or polics dogs. 
    They are a wonderful breed, and kinder and gentler than most people I know.

1. SweetiePie profile image83
      SweetiePieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You should write a hub about this, it would make a good topic!

1. Whitney05 profile image62
        Whitney05posted 8 years ago in reply to this

I have.. ;-) A bunch of them. With the title "The Truth About American Pit Bull Terriers" being one of them.

Snowgirl, if you write about the breed, make sure to do so in an unbiased mannor, as you can't deny any of the allegations of their attacks or the possibility that one can occur if the dog is untrained and unsocialized. I will admit that, and I, too, am an advocate of the breed.

1. snowgirl profile image60
          snowgirlposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That is true of any dog not properly socialized or mistreated.  Cute pup!

2. Whitney05 profile image62
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

We aren't saying that require the same exact training, as one cannot even train a retriever the same as a chihuahua. We are stating that by training and socializing a dog of a bully breed status, you will have a better balanced dog. No one stated anything about how to train or socialize them. We are referring to in general, training and socializing.

working