jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

My Cat has given birth to 3 kittens

1. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

My cat has given birth to 3 cute little kittens. Believe me they are the most adorable creatures I have ever seen. I find myself always near them but still cannot get enough of them. I am so happy and excited.

1. Lucky Cats profile image79
      Lucky Catsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You have entered the wonderful world of loving kittens and cats.  If at all possible, please keep the family together...they really do love to be together for life, if at all possible but...be sure to spay/neuter the kittens and the mother...the mother can be spayed (safely) 2 months from the date of birth of her kittens.  Before that, they may still be trying to nurse and this could jeopardize her healing.  But...quickly, now...have her spayed so that you can control the # of kittens/cats and also be able to keep the ones now have.  Thank you for loving them.

2. Betty_Lou profile image60
      Betty_Louposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How cute! If you can afford it why not keep them all together?
      I have four kitties. Three of which are throw aways and one was saved from euthanasia.
      Please, get ALL your kitties fixed. I do hope you decided to keep the little family together. I have a good friend who has done this with two throw away mamas. Well, the first mama she gave three of the four kittens away to family. I received one and he was the dearest little love anyone could meet. I lost him 10/09 but recently a new kitten came to my kitchen window. Skin and bones, about 4 months old and in need of a home.
      My friend realized how happy and sweet it is to keep the little family together. The next mama lost 3 of her four kittens to the cold. She was rescued from an abandoned garage. She and her remaining kitten (now 7 years old) live together with the other mama and her kitten(now 11 years old) they are very happy and very close.
      IMPORTANT! They could NOT live together peacefully if they were not all fixed. Their actions would be governed by their hormones and kitties ARE territorial and there is a hierarchy even amongst fixed cats buts it's a lot more competitive (violent)  if they are NOT  fixed. And don't kid yourself, mothers and sons can, will and do mate making inbred kittens who will either have mental issues, medical issues, physical defects or they may just die.
      While it happens that fixed kitties will compete for position you'll have a lot more luck for a happy family if they are all fixed. Plus, too many kittens, puppies, cats and dogs die everyday because there is no home for them all. About 11,000 in the US EVERYDAY.  While you may be able to find homes for your brood, each home you find means at least two or three won't find a home. sad
      Someday, if I ever get my own home, I'd love to adopt a whole family of dogs and cats. How sweet it would be for them to all grow up together!

Enjoy your fuzzy little family! smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Are you keeping them all?

3. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

I will they so cute. I can't let them go. No at least for the first few months. smile

4. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

That's Fantastic and I hope you have taken a Vid of Him.. because it's quite unusual for this to happen to Tom Cats hmm

5. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 5 years ago

How about spay and neuter?

6. Lifeallstar1 profile image60
    Lifeallstar1posted 5 years ago

I love kittens! Can you post a picture of them? They should definitely stay with their mom for 3-4 months. Kittens given away before that can have a lot of issues. Was this a planned pregnancy?

7. staci_lynn profile image58
    staci_lynnposted 5 years ago

Make sure you fix all of them. Socialize them and if you are going to give them away, screen everyone. Some people take animals for free and sell them to research labs. you can research the questions to ask them online.

8. 61
    josh266posted 5 years ago

My cat gave birth to 4 kittens on July 30th 2010 and it was the most fun expirence because I love cat sand never got to go through something like that. We kept two of them.

9. saleheensblog profile image58
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

congrats big_smile Enjoy playing with them

10. Joy56 profile image60
    Joy56posted 5 years ago

can you put a picture up for us, i love little kittens.