jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

dog clothes

1. 61
    courtney 263posted 5 years ago

do you think it is right to doll up a poor little dog like a common hoor?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

big_smile  .....a 'common' what?....poor dog i guess....

2. prettydarkhorse profile image65
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yes specially during the cold season, as long as they are comfortable with it

3. Miss Lil' Atlanta profile image80
      Miss Lil' Atlantaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Depends. I mean, I wouldn't do it personally, unless it were just too cold outside for a short haired breed with little body fat.

I'm fine with other people doing it though,, just as long as it isn't over the top and annoying the dog or something.

2. Maria Cecilia profile image82
    Maria Ceciliaposted 5 years ago

Maybe once in a while..just don't make it permanent in his life

3. 60
    Jeff Drayposted 5 years ago

Provided that your dog is of a breed that is indigenous to your climate and hasn't been produced from over intrusive genetic patterning it should be able to cope well without clothes.  Any animal has its dignity, clothes are for people, dogs come with their own fur suit ready attached.  If you want to something to dress up buy a doll.

4. caninecrtitics profile image65
    caninecrtiticsposted 5 years ago

FYI petsmart is having a huge sale this weekend I think 30% off

5. libby101a profile image59
    libby101aposted 5 years ago

I think there are times this is ok--during very cold times and the dog is small! Some dogs are very little and shake very easily when cold! However, dressing a small dog in clothes during the summer is sort of abuse if you ask me! I've seen old ladies with little tiny poodles dressed in cute little outfits right in the middle of a very hot, summer day! That is abuse! Dogs already have fur, so I think it's insane to add more to it during summer!

1. Glenn Raymond profile image59
      Glenn Raymondposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Little short hair dogs are fine in their cute sweaters, but if my dog went out all gussied up the woodland creatures would laugh at him.  Seriously, so I would say dog clothes have a place, on the right dogs and in the right weather conditions.  This is a great hub topic though.

6. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 5 years ago

dogs wearing clothes can be cute, but it hides body language. Dressing dogs up isn't ideal, especially when there are other dogs around.

My APBT wore shirts when she first got her leg amputated, but that was a part of her process to heal mentally over the situation. Although, that may sound crazy, she was traumatized over the situation and behaved quite differently. Put a shirt on her, and she was fine, as it hid her incision, staples, etc.