jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (19 posts)

Your favorite dog names?

1. Don Ship profile image81
    Don Shipposted 5 years ago

I just need a few good names.. I will be getting another dog soon! I'm just too confused with the whole naming thing! Anyways I'm very excited! G'day! smile

1. TheRaptorClaw profile image60
      TheRaptorClawposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Molly was my favorite. She was a good dog until she died.

2. 61
      hannah76753posted 5 years ago in reply to this

kati was mine and still is do you like kati?

3. 60
      jojo46posted 5 years ago in reply to this

i have a chocolate labrador and his name is STAN he is 12 and a half now and i can honestly say anytime over the years anyone has asked me his name, they have laughed, he is ace, like a big grizzly bear. Obviously don't call a handbag dog that name, woudln't go haha.
      Anyway let us know what u decide.x

2. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 5 years ago

Name the dog whatever you like. What the dog reminds you of. Many suggest two syllable names that end in E, A, or O sounds so that the dog can better differentiate between commands. I've not seen any truth to that, as I've known dogs that obey to names like 'Sam' and 'Spot.'

Just pick what you like. It's not a complicated process.

3. Wayne Orvisburg profile image81
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 5 years ago

I've always liked Chewbacca. You can call it Chewie!

4. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

You must be excited! Bringing home a new dog is a big event.

if you've already met the dog then you have a better idea of what you think may fit. I've always given dog names just like I did with my children, names that I really love and have a special significance. of course, you don't have to do that with a pet; the dog we recently adopted already had the name of Yogi which I probably wouldn't have chosen, but it's perfect for him. we've had dogs named Sammy, Louie, Andi (female),Lady, Joshua, Belle and now Yogi.
    my son has 3 dogs, Walnut, Willow and Woods..

enjoy your new pet.

5. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 5 years ago

It was the name of a Beagle who was ALWAYS in trouble. "Way to go, Einstein!!" was the common saying in the house. I liked ol' Steiner. He was a great dog.

1. Wayne Orvisburg profile image81
      Wayne Orvisburgposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And the name of Doc Brown's dog!

6. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

I don't have a favorite dog name.  I've had 8 dogs in my lifetime and right now I have 2 yorkies.  I think the looks and personality of the dog eventually tells you what it's name will be and of course at that time, it's your favorite name because you love your dog.

7. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 5 years ago

I suppose I should say 'Boo', which is the name of our dog. But she's not my favorite. She's an reincarnated idiot. So I'm going with Scooby.

8. 0
    ralwusposted 5 years ago

9. writinginalaska profile image82
    writinginalaskaposted 5 years ago

I once had a dog named Earl,  then people would ask me what my husband's name was and I would give them a dead pan look and say " his name is Spot"  lololol

10. 0
    Helpful Hannaposted 5 years ago

I like it when dogs are named after people.  It sounds funny.

11. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 5 years ago

In high school I had a friend named Sabia (from Syria) and I liked her name.  My ex refused to use the name as a baby name, so we used it as a dog name.

12. Maria Cecilia profile image81
    Maria Ceciliaposted 5 years ago

Why not name him after something you like?  I named my first dog Voltaire because of Voltes V.  I  have two dogs at present and I named both after Philippine currency and myself, Mario Peso and Pissie Marie, hope this helps.

1. Rajab Nsubuga profile image60
      Rajab Nsubugaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have one Greek dog called Paris. He likes to Boo.

13. matherese profile image61
    mathereseposted 5 years ago

14. guy1973 profile image60
    guy1973posted 5 years ago