jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

BARF Diet Is the way to go

1. ceeshelman profile image60
    ceeshelmanposted 5 years ago

I am curious who out there is using the BARF Diet and how it is working for you.  Actually, let me be more clear:  I am curious about non-professional dog owners who are using the BARF Diet for their dogs.  How is it going?

2. ravko profile image60
    ravkoposted 5 years ago

I have 2 Presa Canario's both are 3 1/2 years old and have been eating raw food since they were 10 weeks old, they are super healthy, teeth white as snow with no plaque, and even maybe a bit overweight at least in the winter they are...I have never had a problem with them on this food...I buy it locally at our butcher shop, I do feed them a little dry food usually for a week or so in the summer when we go camping, I find it to hard to keep their food frozen out in campsite land, wish I could remember the name of the dry food it's as close to raw as you can get, if you want to know what it is let me know and I'll call my pet store to get the name, were on file there so they always know what I use in the summer...

1. ravko profile image60
      ravkoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Forgot to mention I don't thaw out the food they eat it frozen, that way it's not overly bloody and it takes them time to eat it, as one of my dogs would swallow it in a matter of seconds, so it's better to feed it from the frozen state

3. lorlie6 profile image84
    lorlie6posted 5 years ago

I haven't heard of this diet, however when my son was little and had a cold or flu, I had him on the BRAT diet-bananas, rice, applesauce and toast.  smile