An ear for an ear?

1. shibashake profile image85
    shibashakeposted 8 years ago

I was on Yahoo! Anwers last night, and saw three people in a row advise others to bite their dog in the ear to stop their dog from biting. Did this come from Snow Dogs? Or is this crazy notion from somewhere else?! Anybody know of any sites with good images showing people getting bitten when they do this?

2. Whitney05 profile image69
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

It's an old "remedy" so to speak related to the pack leader theory, in that by biting the dog's ear you somehow direct that you're the pack leader and the alpha dog. The pack leader theory is a more harsh form of dog training that is somehow the popular way to train. I'd tell those people that there are more reliable ways to train your dog that that theory, as when you use the techniques realted to the pack leader theory, you're really only training your dog to be scared of you and the dog will be much less reliable than with proper training.

It's actually consider cruelty to many top dog trainers, but not legally binding, meaning there's nothing you can do about people being stupid. ha

1. shibashake profile image85
      shibashakeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That is what many people tried to tell them, but the horse just won't drink smile I was hoping to find some articles or images of what happens to people who bite their dogs then maybe they will take some notice.