Do we all have some of Dr. Dolittle in us?

1. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

I went out to my garden the other day. A scrub jay flew down landing on the shed I keep a couple feeding trays on top of. It began to squawk, and squawk, and squawk some more. I grabbed the ladder discovering there were no peanuts. I knew what she/he was telling me as soon as the squawking began. Another odd thing is the hummingbirds will come down and buzz me only when I am wearing my special gardening hat. They always fly up to my face and sit there a moment before buzzzzzing away. I believe they are saying "Hello" in their own special way. What do you think, is there some Dr. Dolittle in you too?

2. Joy56 profile image60
    Joy56posted 5 years ago

I think there are a lot of Wanna be  Dr Dolittles.  Communicating with animals, is sometimes a whole lot more satisfying than communicating with people, you can interpret what they say in whatever way you want to.##

I live near the sea, and i firmly believe seals can read your mood.  You dont always get to see them, but if i am feeling a bit low, and i walk along the shore, a seal will come up kinda  look our way and disappear again, leaving a huge smile on my face. It is almost like it is telling you that it is there.  And giving you a sneak preview of itself.

My mum had to go into hospital for an operation, which unfortunately she did not survive, she died on the operating table.  All the family where round the day before, she seemed to be a bit too tired for us.  i will never forget her screams of joy, when the wood pecker came into the garden, as she was leaving hospital.  She had only seen it once before, and looked for it every day, when she was confined to the house sick.  She talked about it all the way to the hospital and it calmed her.

1. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

wow, what an experience for and with your mom. My heart goes out to you and your loss. I'll share a secret. I designed and created a garden, not very big, to attract hummingbirds and butterflies. I did this for my mom, dad (now passed too)and I to have a place to talk. I think along with what you said the wildlife sense it. Thank you for your participation. Thank you for sharing (smile).