jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Do you like Great Danes?

1. Miss Lil' Atlanta profile image70
    Miss Lil' Atlantaposted 6 years ago

Do you like the dog breed Great Danes?

Personally, I love them, and they're by far one of my all time favorite dog breeds.

1. twilanelson profile image60
      twilanelsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, a nice looking healthy great dane is majestic and beautiful.  They are usually extremely good natured dogs.

2. profile image0
      Jenn~n~Lukeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't like them, I LOVE them. Great Danes have been my number one passion and obsession since I was old enough to talk. I live and breathe these dogs and spend a lot of time both online and off helping to educate people on the breed. I share my life, and bed, and couch lol..with an lmost 2 year old GD named Luke.

2. twilanelson profile image60
    twilanelsonposted 6 years ago

Miss Lil' Atlanta,  I am looking for a picture of a pure bred German Shepherd stacked in the show ring.  Stacked is the way the dogs must stand while in the ring, at a dog show, for the judge.  If you can find one I would really appreciate it.  The head is usually held high and level, the front legs are even with the shoulders and one back leg is pulled in close and the other back leg is farther back, the tail is hanging down and the back declines gracefully.  I am looking for a larger dog in the breed.  Hope you can help.

1. Miss Lil' Atlanta profile image70
      Miss Lil' Atlantaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, it took me so long to respond. I hadn't checked my forum posts until just now. So hopefully I'm not too late.

I'll go see if I can find a picture for you.
      I'm assuming that you want the photo where you won't  have to give any royalties or permission to use it etc...

I'll go see if I can find you a picture right now.

2. Miss Lil' Atlanta profile image70

Well, for the websites that I use, I couldn't find any pictures that were public domain, but I did find some other pictures that I saved to my desktop and I'll see if I can email them to you through Hubpages. Now, if you're using the pics for a blog, you probably won't be able to use these, but if it's just for printing off a picture, sending them to a friend, or etc... That's fine..

Lol not that I'm telling you what to do, but I'm just letting you know just in case lol. But it's pretty difficult to find specific public domain dog pictures period. So this is the best I could find. I think they're really good pics.

3. Miss Lil' Atlanta profile image70

Okay, so that was my first time sending an email through Hubpages, so I didn't know that I couldn't send images.
      This url though has some pics that you might like
      http://www.google.com/search?um=1&h … l=&oq=

Now, I know that some of the pictures are obviously not of purebred German Shepherds that are stacked, but there are still lots of good pics just within the first 20 of purebred stacked German Shepherds, so I'm sure there will be something that you'll like.

Sorry that's really the best that I can do. Hopefully you were not needing a public domain pic.

3. twilanelson profile image60
    twilanelsonposted 6 years ago

Thank you Miss Lil' Atlanta. From hundreds of pictures I found one wonderful picture.  I also went down memory lane and looked through the great dane pictures.  I am not printing them or using them for publication, I am using them purely for nostalgia.  Thank you for your wonderful Hubs.

working