jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Barking cat

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

This video is hilarious. I wonder if my cat does this while I'm out.

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My daughter needs to see that one.   smile    (I enjoyed it too.)   My daughter's cat didn't do that all the time, but since she's been ten or so she's done it a few times.  The first time was when my friend brought in a tuna sandwich.  I wasn't paying attention to what he had, or the cat.  The cat sat right by me, staring up at me; but because I wasn't paying attention, I was just doing "whatever".  Suddenly, she let out a couple of barks (just like in the video) to get my attention.  That's when I realized she had been smelling the tuna sandwich "in the air" and was expecting some.   smile  It was the weirdest (and funniest thing) at the time.  smile

I don't know how old the cat in the video is, but my theory (based on my own cats) is that they start to learn to be "creative" with their "voices" once they get to be, maybe, nine or ten or older.   smile  My own (late) cat (15) would actually mimic my tone and style of speech.  A person would swear she was talking - only, of course, no actual words were being said.  smile

2. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 5 years ago

Oh my God! its a bi-lingual cat! ha ha brilliant! I have got to send this to my son, it will make him laugh! thanks, hilarious!

3. saddlerider1 profile image59
    saddlerider1posted 5 years ago

Too funny a bi-lingual pussy. My feline purrs and grows like crazy at any squirrels that pass by..he he

4. Angie Jardine profile image91
    Angie Jardineposted 5 years ago

It's that uh-oh moment ... very funny! Blimey, cats are slick ... smile