jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Fish owners what do you have?

1. cmlindblom profile image80
    cmlindblomposted 5 years ago

I have a 75gal saltwater with a bicolor angel, 4 tomato clowns, a six line wrasse, and a yellow eyed tang. (also a banded and ghost shrimp with about 25 blue leg hermits and assorted snails) my coral list will come later. What do you have?

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wild Alaskan Salmon, some Mahi Mahi, a very expensive Chilean Sea Bass.  Ate the Tilapia last night.  Oh, and canned Tuna in olive oil.  Sorry, couldn't resist.

2. lovelypaper profile image68
    lovelypaperposted 5 years ago

I have a twenty gallon tank with nothing in it now but I used to breed Bettas, had some cichlids, goldfish, Shubunkins. I loved keeping fish but don't have the time anymore. I miss it. Maybe I'll try to keep just a couple of them and try not to neglect them. LOL.

3. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I have a fish tank, but no fish. The fish tank is very old. I know that it would be unwise to put water in it because the seams are no longer up to standard. I may, however, toss a hamster in it one of these days. smile

4. cmlindblom profile image80
    cmlindblomposted 5 years ago

you should definatley toss a hamster in it. I'm not a huge rodent fan but just the way you said it makes it a good idea.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe I'll add one of those teeny, tiny turtles. Anyone know if those are still allowed?

5. leahlefler profile image98
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

We used to have a 75 gallon saltwater tank and had 2 tank-raised clownfish, a couple of yellow tangs, and the domino fish (can't remember the official name off-hand). We never tried invertebrates in the tank, though!

Now we have a little fresh-water tank (30 gallon) with a pleco, 5 neon tetras, and 3 swordtails. I'd really like to have a cichlid tank, though!

6. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I have a bunch of small freshwater tanks. One has a betta and a few aspidoras, one has tiger barbs, one has least killifish and one has dwarf shrimp.

7. owl740 profile image59
    owl740posted 3 years ago

I have a very small, modest, 5 gallon tank with 4 White Cloud Mountain Minnows and 1 Panda Cory named Raulito!

8. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 3 years ago

It's gone now, but we used to have a 50 gallon salt tank.  We took the other route, though - a coral reef, or as much as we could with limited lighting and no cooling.

A few fish, including a sand sifter that constantly tried to bury what little hard coral we had.  Several soft corals, including a leather about 6" tall.  A cleaner shrimp that would pick dead skin off your hand.  An Anemone, an urchin (getting pricked with that hurts).  Several sand crabs that hid in the sand until feeding time.  An orange star.  A clam that died as we just didn't have enough lighting.  Several giant snails and several big worm like creatures of some kind that must have come with the rock - I didn't buy them and one was nearly a foot long!

The star of the tank was a huge brittle star, though, almost a foot across.  We would hand feed it small bits of shrimp; that long arm would come out, curl around the shrimp and take it from your hand. 

Not as pretty as a tank full of beautiful salt water fish, but much more interesting!