jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

staffy bitch giving birth

1. 60
    beckymadoneposted 5 years ago

water sack has ruptured already how long before a pup is delivered????????????

1. frogdropping profile image84
      frogdroppingposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Poor bloody dog ... sad

2. 0
      DoItForHerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are you the one breeding this dog? If so, then here is my response.

If you don't know the basics about breeding or don't have a competent mentor to guide you through the whole of the breeding process, do you think you may have gotten in over your head? A responsible breeder would not rush to some stranger for answers while the actual birth is occurring.

That is a bit harsh, but backyard breeders are a serious problem. If you are just asking the question to learn, then that is cool. I would recommend that you be a bit more specific and work on your grammar. Your question is hard to read and hard to properly respond to because of lack of information.

2. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

If you're worried about your dog, phone your vet asap. Don't rely on some random forum person to help.

3. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Can I just say, please make sure you get good homes for the pups as so many of this breed of dog end up in a dog rescue centre.

EmpressFelicity is right - Staffies might need help when having pups, a vet is the best one to give advice.

4. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

http://www.battersea.org.uk/about_us/wh … ffies.html

This is the future for many of them in the UK.