jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

life insurance

1. kat11 profile image61
    kat11posted 5 years ago

Recently I went tot a local grocery store and on their bulletin board there were a stack of pet life insurance. So my question is

Would you purchase life insurance for your family cat or dog?

1. tlmcgaa70 profile image73
      tlmcgaa70posted 5 years ago in reply to this

i am country raised. when we lose one of our pets, and they are as dear as children to us, we bury them. i am not messed up about death. i am fine with it. i dont need remains of my pets around...pictures are good enough. so no, i see no need for life insurance...i think it is just another way for people to get rich off the emotional needs of others.

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

3. tarrka1089 profile image61
    tarrka1089posted 5 years ago

Interesting - I had never given this any thought.  Health insurance most definitely, as Teddy has a policy.  As for life insurance, I can understand those who would purchase:  the cost for cremation is not cheap (I know from personal experience), nor is the fee for the vet services.  These two things would actually make me research and seriously consider purchasing.

Thanks for asking this question.

1. diogenes profile image83
      diogenesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Life insurance is a criminal conspiracy of banks and their offshoots to prey on the poor.  The only insurance any individual should have is third party to cover others in the event of a car wreck (and business insurance to the same end).

4. mary615 profile image92
    mary615posted 5 years ago

I don't believe in "life insurance" for your pets; however, I do believe in Health Ins. for them.  I have a policy for my Schnauzer, and I am grateful for it.  It more than pays for itself due to her allergies and back problems.