jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Any beekeepers here?

1. Wib Magli profile image89
    Wib Magliposted 4 years ago

Are there any other beekeepers on Hubpages? I run a small commercial operation in Alabama.

1. Quilligrapher profile image89
      Quilligrapherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Howdy Wib,
      Have you heard about a beehive sold by Philips for amateur, city-dwelling bee keepers who live in apartments with no backyards. It even has a cord to pull to get a little fresh honey.
      http://inhabitat.com/philips-unveils-se … ng-gadget/

1. Wib Magli profile image89
        Wib Magliposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have. It is interesting looking. Thermoregulation would appear to be a real problem. I have my doubts, but I like the idea.

2. MrMaranatha profile image86
      MrMaranathaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Dad and I moved a few hives a couple months ago... interesting to note: Originally my dad caught the swarm and gave that one to an uncle of mine about 8 years or so ago...  My uncle died and my aunt wanted them moved round a  bit.. the hive had split many times.. Dad took one home and some other relatives did also...  and my aunt still has more hives and honey than she knows what to do with:-)  But she loves her garden so I doubt she will part with them altogether ever...  What cought me funny about that hive was that A) it was a wild strain... and B) they were the most docile bees around...  Pretty Cool In my thinking.

2. Ann M Reid profile image82
    Ann M Reidposted 4 years ago

My husband and I keep two hives in our back garden, located on the banks of the Susuquehanna River in rural Lancaster County, PA.