jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)

What is/was your favorite animal shows on t.v.?

1. shibashake profile image83
    shibashakeposted 7 years ago

I personally really enjoy DogTown on the National Geographic Channel. DogTown is more about rescue dogs, but they also show how the trainers in the facility train the dogs in their shelter; many of which have aggression and other behavioral issues.

I also really liked Groomer Has It, which was on Animal Planet. It is a reality show where a group of dog groomers competed over a variety of interesting grooming tasks. They had some really cool challenges in this show, and many interesting personalities. I don't usually like reality shows, but I found this one to be  really enjoyable.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

I liked the one about the Tribbles.

3. KT pdx profile image86
    KT pdxposted 7 years ago

Growing up, my favorite show was Grizzly Adams.  I actually got to visit one of the places where it was filmed.

4. Julie-Ann Amos profile image50
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 7 years ago

and Lassie

and Black Beauty

oh, and Daktari

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I also loved Lassie, Black Beauty and Daktari... And Skippy the Bush Kangaroo.

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image50
        Julie-Ann Amosposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ooo forgot that one!

5. AEvans profile image75
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

Funny you should ask that question, what was ior is your favorite. I would have to say Mr.Ed as although they were re-runs it was nothing like seeing a talking horse when I was growing up , I loved it and until this day I still like to watch it on occasion. smile

Lassie is my second choice however that show made me emotional as a young girl I don't know if it was because I loved dogs so much, or if it was because I was just a loving little girl. smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I forgot about Mr Ed smile I used to like watching it too..

1. AEvans profile image75
        AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If only they could really talk, I wonder what they would say ??smile  Get off my back as you are killing me:) or " What is this garbage that you are feeding me?" , "I would like a an Apple, or better yet a nice chunk of sugar?" Lol smile

6. CatherineR profile image60
    CatherineRposted 7 years ago

I enjoy nearly all programmes that are connected with animals or animal welfare as these are two things that I am passionate about.

I have to admit though at the moment my favourite programmes are canine physiology, training or veterinary programs as I am currently studing to be an animal behaviourist.

7. amimoore profile image61
    amimooreposted 7 years ago

i like "Its ME Or The Dog" on animal planet.

ami moore the chicago dog whisperer

8. brad4l profile image83
    brad4lposted 7 years ago

I really like the National Geographic stuff. I saw a really cool one last week about Penguins in South Africa.

9. 61
    E Evansposted 7 years ago

I always liked watching cartoon animals when I was little: Scobby Doo, Underdog, Tom and Jerry, Snoopy.  Those were always my favorites!

10. TravelMonkey profile image60
    TravelMonkeyposted 7 years ago

Don't really know if this counts but Bear Grylls - born survivor, an ex SAS man survives in the most extreme conditions and shows how to live off the land (including animals) smile

11. 60
    aziemahposted 7 years ago

i favorite pet a rabbit,coz rabbit cute......................

12. Junkster profile image61
    Junksterposted 7 years ago

Grizzly Adams! That was a class show, and good old gentle Ben.