jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Do You Have Pet Insurance For your Dog?

1. Roy Patterson profile image61
    Roy Pattersonposted 4 years ago

Do you have Pet Insurance for your Dog? I have it for my dog Princess-pootle Mix who is 12 years old, for $35 a month. Having her teeth cleaned twice a year, without the insurance, would cost me about 3 or 4 times what I pay for the years insurance. Good deal for me!

2. Shaddie profile image95
    Shaddieposted 4 years ago

I had pet insurance for a year. It was awesome, I used it a lot.

3. klidstone1970 profile image60
    klidstone1970posted 4 years ago

Having worked in a veterinary clinic for over 4 years in Canada and being one of the most expensive ones in our region it is highly recommended for get pet insurance when puppy/kitten is young.  Insurance companies will not cover any pre-existing conditions and it can get quite expensive when paying out of pocket.

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

As an ex-vets employee from two surgeries, I have hubbed on the benefits of pet insurance, but have to say that here in the UK it does not cover routine dental work such as dental descales, only essential extractions that might otherwise lead to other problems such as kidney infections as a result.

1. Suhail and my dog profile image87
      Suhail and my dogposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have a pet insurance from SPCA. Part of the premium of CAD 36 or so supports SPCA activities also. It is a win-win situation.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
        mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I didn't disagree with you Suhail, as I said before I already hubbed on the benefits of pet insurance. I just said in the UK it doesn't normally cover dental work. Generally I condone it all the way though, and both my cats have pet insurance, and all my past dogs and cats have had it too. It has saved me a whole load of money over the years smile I think it is great if part of your premiums go to the SPCA. I wish they did that here!

5. M.N.Kassier profile image77
    M.N.Kassierposted 4 years ago

No. I don't have any. Would love if I had. My country doesn't provide any pet insurance. But, it is a very good idea to have a pet insurance for pet lovers.

6. Spoony Galoony profile image76
    Spoony Galoonyposted 4 years ago

Wow, hadn't even seriously considered pet insurance even though I knew it existed.