jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

How should one train his elephant?

1. wj-writingjockey profile image59
    wj-writingjockeyposted 4 years ago

Elephants are very good learners and I personally believe that training an elephant would be a very interesting thing. How should one train his elephant? Tips!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago in reply to this

that would not be fair to the elephant...they are indeed very intelligent...however, since elephants are very, very close to their families - why would you want to capture them, separate them, train them and cause turmoil for them - for what purpose?...what's the elephant get out of it besides being separated forever from its species...sounds pretty lonely to me...how 'bout we train you? ...now that would be interesting..... lol

wj-writingjockeyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No sir I really never intend to separate any elephant from her parents. I just love them and even I don't own any elephant. But there are many civilisations that breed elephants to earn their livelihood. Many Indians have large number of elephants. They don't separate them for their herds. They just own the complete herd itself.
        Also, in many African countries, elephants are never separated from their families. In fact, these elephants are a part of their families.

2. msorensson profile image67
      msorenssonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you meant a physical elephant, then I do not know how to do it. On the other hand, elephant in the religious literature means already a peaceful mind..it has become an elephant from a monkey..it now has full power..in which case the only thing it will have to learn is compassion..

Yeah mam, I also myself don't know how to train elephants. It surely requires a better human being then myself to do this task. But I believe that elephants can teach me a thing or too. I will show my affection in response.

3. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not sure what you can train an elephant to do, but there is one thing you can not train him or her to do, and that is to jump. The elephant is the only mammal that can not jump.

HAHA.... Yeah they can't. The best that I might be able to do (after much training) is to train them how to jump down from a small (couple of foots) base. Jumping downwards could be easy.

working