Stop Dog Jumping
Stop dog from jumping
Share your feelings
Is your dog has jumping habit?See results without voting
How to Stop Dog Jumping
Dogs jumping up are a common problem for dog owners. It’s an embarrassing and annoying habit of your dog. But the fact is that your dog doesn't understand that jumping up behavior is "inappropriate" for him. You will need to make it clear to dog that jumping is no longer acceptable from your side. Today I’ll try to explain how to teach your dog that the best way is just to sit there and not jump up.
Find the reason
The first step is identifying the cause
- To greet people: Dogs used to love their owners and other family members. They want to feel you welcome when you come home. And as humans are much higher and taller than dogs, there's nowhere to go but up.
- The doors are interesting places for most dogs. After all, here is where they get a chance to leave the house on fun rides. So it's not surprising when your dog is aroused in this area.
- To assert their dominance: By jumping he/she want to say something which you have to understand. May be your dogwants to raise his station in life.
- For getting attention: Dogs are like child. They want your attention, time and love. When you give less time to them or they want more then they do this kind of staff.
- For reward: The dog sees thing in a very simple way, if he jumps, he'll get to go for a walk or get fed or get your attention. May be you do this or reward him in past and your dog remember this.
- By jumping they show and express their excitement too.
You can contract with any professional trainer or do a research. There are many methods to control this behavior and you can pick the one which seems most suitable for you. When you’re training your dog to greet politely, don’t hit him, it will never works.
- Use a distraction: Have a toy stuffed with food which your dog likes; keep it ready in a plastic bag in the fridge so you can get it right before you go out. By this your dog stoops jumping.
- Do not make a big deal of your arrival issue: When you come home after work or after a long period of time, you shouldn’t give time to your dog for first few minutes. By this he will understand that it’s not a big deal for jumping. Do not let your dog make a big deal out of your arrival home.
- Ignore your dog:Turn your back on the dog when she makes a jump. Ignore her again and again. By this your pup understands that you don’t like her activity.
- Sit and greet him. By this he doesn’t get any chance to jump.
- Practice "wait" command: your puppy needs to work on self-control. Practice her waiting before you give her a treat or her food or anything else she wants.
- Wisely chose what type of game you should play with him. Don’t wrestling with him, which inspire him to jump more, now and then.
- Leash Method: Put a collar with leash around her neck area.
- Teach "sit" command: Train your dog in such a way that she will learn to default to sit whenever she wants something.
- You just need to walk away when he jumps up, don’t inspire him intentionally or unintentionally to do this again and again.. All attention should be withdrawn from him for a time.
- Reward your dog calmly: Only reward him when he sit in floor. This is the simplest way to train them.
- Vary the praise: When your dog listen to you tell him “good boy” or give him food to feed.
- Practice, practice and practice: Keep practicing with your dog. If he don’t understand or obey your order then try again and again. Usually dog understand or pick your order very quickly.
Whatever you do make sure your dog is getting your given message. Don’t do any abusive behavior to make him stop jumping on you because that little life depends upon you to fulfill her all needs. And it’s your responsibility to understand your dog. A little effort on everyone's side makes your dog more disciplined & more controlled
- Before You Adopt a Pet
by reading this you may know more about your pet
Comments 5 comments
More by this Author
Tree provides shelter and food for innumerable species of animals. In every single point of life somehow we are related with tree or tree products. We all are so used to about tree facilities that we even don’t...
Computer Hardware Maintenance CPU Maintenance Every day you rely on your PC or laptop to perform tasks, access resources and connect with people. An unmentioned CPU can make your PC slower. Which become very disturbing...
Reasons for air pollution Air pollution is something that we cannot ignore. Humans first experienced air pollution when making fires in caves. Since then earth's surface get polluted day by day, more and more. ...