25 of my favourite Artist quotes
- Drawing is the honesty of the art. There is no possibility of cheating. It is either good or bad.
- What is a television apparatus to man, who has only to shut his eyes to see the most inaccessible regions of the seen and the never seen, who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary Baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust.
- I don't take drugs, I am drugs.
- The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad. Savador Dali
- We are all hungry and thirsty for concrete images. Abstract art will have been good for one thing: to restore its exact virginity to figurative art.
6. Are we to paint what's on the face, what's inside the face, or what's behind it? Pablo Picasso
7. Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.
8. God is really only another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephantand the cat. He has no real style, He just goes on trying other things. Pablo Picasso
9. I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money. Pablo Picasso
10. The genius of Einstein leads to Hiroshima.
11. I don't think art is propaganda; it should be something that liberates the soul, provokes the imagination and encourages people to go further. It celebrates humanity instead of manipulating it.
12. When it is working, you completely go into another place, you're tapping into things that are totally universal, completely beyond your ego and your own self. That's what it's all about. Keith Haring
13. I don't use drugs, my dreams are frightening enough.
14. Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. I think it's in my basement... let me go upstairs and check.
15. When I judge art, I take my painting and put it next to a God made object like a tree or flower. If it clashes, it is not art. Cezanne
16. The awareness of our own strength makes us modest.Cezanne
17. A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art. Cezanne
18. The portrait is one of the most curious art forms. It demands special qualities in the artist, and an almost total kinship with the model Matisse
19. Creativity takes courage Matisse
20. Remember crime against property is not real crime. People look at an oil painting and admire the use of brushstrokes to convey meaning. People look at a graffiti painting and admire the use of a drainpipe to gain access. Banksy
21. A lot of people never use their initiative because no-one told them to Banksy
22. A lot of mothers will do anything for their children, except let them be themselves Banksy
23. Always be ready to speak your mind, and a base man will avoid you. William Blake
24. Better murder an infant in its cradle than nurse an unacted desire. William Blake
25. Do what you will, this world's a fiction and is made up of contradiction William Blake
More Gallery work
Apart from the pleasure good graffiti can give to any person unblinkered by prejudice, they have a distinct resemblence to that of the practising calligrapher and typographer, since they are lettering-based....
More by this Author
I have an admiration for Asian women because I love their petite features, Eurasian women are a unique race which often shares features of Caucasian and Asian people.
http://tinyurl.com/yace9np flickr 1. Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato 2. Music washes away from...
http://tinyurl.com/yftepen flickr 1. You look like a woman who has an expensive perfume named after her. It has to be called (pause) Incomparable. 2. I didn’t have any body piercing until just now. You pierced...