40 Creative Blogs that Can Get You Crafting
Learn More About Blogging!
What do you do when you need to get inspired to do some crafting in your life? Many of us want to create new things but we can’t always jumpstart ideas on our own. As for me, I turn to the Internet to get ideas. It’s a great source of inspiration and I happen to think blogs are a terrific aspect of the Internet. The following blogs are inspiring blogs that cover many different types of arts and crafts. I hope you enjoy some of them as much as I do!
1. Comfort Creatures. This is a blog for people who like amigurumi, the crochet / knit craft in which you make adorable little creatures.
2. Copycat Crafts. This is a DIY blog that shows you how to make your own “knockoff” versions of various types of designer items. Interesting ideas here.
3. Cosmicpluto Knits. This is a needlework blog about knitting but also about crochet.
4. Craft Gossip. This blog provides superb information about all different types of craft stuff. I personally follow the channel or tag of crochet but there are other options depending upon your craft of choice.
5. Craft Hope. This great blog shares craft projects designed to help people in need around the world. You can choose one to participate in!
6. Craftberry Bush. This blog is about design and crafting and is a great source of inspiration.
7. Crafter Hours. This craft blog is mostly about sewing.
8. Craftiness. A craft blog by a geeky girl. She has adorable amigurumi patterns so if you like geeky stuff and this little type of creature crochet then you’ll enjoy this blog.
9. Crafting is Not Optional. This is a craft blog that is mostly about sewing.
10. Crafts from the Cwtch. This is a blog that is about crafts including knitting. It has a great unique voice to it and is fun to read.
11. CraftyClare. This stay-at-home-mom does all sorts of crafts but especially loves sewing, knitting and crochet. She shares her work on the blog.
12. Crazy Aunt Purl. A cat-loving knitting blog – perfect combination for a lot of different people!
13. Creating My Way to Success. This blog is all about different types and aspects and approaches to creativity. So beautiful!
14. Creature Comforts. A blog intentionally designed to provide beautiful inspiration.
15. Crochet by Faye. This is the crochet blog of designer Robyn Chachula.
16. Crochet Galore. This is a crochet blog so it’s nice for people who enjoy that particular craft – like I do!
18. Crochet Liberation Front. This is one of the leading blogs in the world of crochet and it provides lots of different types of crochet information.
19. Crochet Renee. Updates about crochet designs from a crochet designer.
20. Crochet Sharon. This is another crochet blog from a designer. Designers are creative people who make artistic choices in their regular work so it’s always inspiring to see what they have to say.
21. Crochet Today! Blogs. These blogs are another way to learn about crochet from the same people who produce the magazine of the same name.
22. Crocheting with Dee. This is another good crochet blog for people who enjoy that craft!
23. Curious Weaver. This is a blog that is primarily about weaving, a topic not covered as frequently on blogs as other crafts are. It does touch on other related crafts, too.
24. Cute Crochet Chat. This is another blog option for crochet lovers to add to their RSS readers!
25. Dacia Ray. This is a craft blog but it is also a recipe blog.
26. Dana Made It. This is a family blog where we can learn how one family lives but it’s also a craft blog.
27. DanDoh Knit and Crochet. This is a blog about knitting and crocheting. It is from a Japanese perspective, which differentiates it from some of the other needlework blogs on this list.
28. Dear Lizzy. This crafting blog puts specific emphasis on the craft of scrapbooking. How fun!
29. Delia Creates. This craft blog has a lot of different tutorials to help you get started on your own crafting.
30. Design Mom. This is a blog about design from the perspective of a design-loving mom.
31. Design*Sponge. This is a DIY blog that shows you many different types of spaces and areas to inspire you.
32. Designing Vashti. Great blog by an award-winning crochet designer.
33. Diamond Yarn Blog. Knit-focused yarn blog.
34. Diary of a Quilter. A stay-at-home quilter's blog. What an ideal life, right?!
35. Doris Chan: Everyday Crochet. Crochet designer Doris Chan shares her work and experience in this crochet blog.
36. DyakCraft Blog. People who enjoy knitting will find posts here that appeal to them. If you love yarn, start here!
37. Easy Makes Me Happy. An Etsy shop owner uses this blog to share lots of different crochet stuff including free crochet patterns.
38. Edie Eckman. This is another blog from a crochet designer. She also does knitwear.
39. Edit by Design. This is a blog that is about design but more specifically about simplicity in design.
40. Eighteen25. Super cute crafty blog by three sisters. I think blogging and crafting with your siblings are both totally awesome things!
More by this Author
Double-sided tape, also known simply as double tape, is one of my favorite craft accessories. It can be used for a variety of different types of crafts from photo scrapbooking to sewing. What I’ve found over the...
Crochet baby hats are one of the most common items for crocheters to produce. Baby items are always nice because they are easy to work up, don’t require a lot of yarn and yet produce a great item that is wearable...
How can you tell if your mushrooms are turning bad? Find out the most common signs to look for before throwing them out.