4th Fourth of July Patriotic Craft Project Ideas With Buttons
What type of projects can you make for the 4th of July?
Just a Few Ideas
This year as you plan 4th of July arts and crafts activities with toddlers, preschoolers, older children, and adults, consider including a few projects with buttons. Buttons are an inexpensive, readily available craft medium that add a fun touch to numerous different projects. From jewelry to wall art to table décor, all with patriotic flair, there is something here for everyone. Happy Fourth of July and happy crafting!
- Stretch button bracelets. Dandee Designs has a super simple set of instructions for creating stretch button bracelets with plastic buttons and clear elastic beading cord.
- Mini patriotic wreath pin. Buttons add the perfect whimsical touch to Michelle's fabric flag pin.
- Felt hair clips. This simple craft is a great mother-daughter sewing project for beginner sewers or anyone looking for an easy project.
Patriotic Decorative String Balls Craft for Memorial Day or Fourth of July
- "God Bless America" sheet music (with free printable). This patriotic piece is plenty versatile enough to hang up all year round although it can be fun seasonal piece. The tutorial features fabric covered buttons, but of course you can substitute plastic buttons or other buttons of your choosing.
- Button American flag. Create a little American flag on fabric that you can pop in a frame. It is easy to customize this concept for the frame of your choice. Grab some more American flag button inspiration from Button Floozies.
- Button star. Caro put this star art together for a teacher and made it with all different colors, but you can easily modify it with red, white, and blue.
4th of July Homespun Wreath
- Denim and burlap patriotic wreath. Michele of The Scrap Shoppe has a great tutorial for an American flag denim and burlap wreath. You can also check out Uniquely ella's similar variation with all denim.
- Yarn wreath. There are a number of variations of this concept out there on Pinterest. You can follow the basic concept for any yarn wreath and make the red and white stripes as narrow or as wide as you like.
- Flag t-shirts. Buttons make perfect stars on patriotic t-shirts featuring American flags. It is simple to customize this design for shirts of different sizes. Check out the tutorial at Make It Love It.
- Little girl dress. Create an adorable patriotic dress with two old white t-shirts, masking tape, and fabric paint. Buttons and ribbon add just right amount of embellishment.
How to make Fourth of July Napkin Felt Rings
- Button bouquet. One of the most popular button table decorations is button bouquets. They are simple and inexpensive. It's easy to create a whole bunch of different blooms and switch them up for different seasons and holidays. You can also change up the aesthetic with different vases.
- Napkin rings. Check out the step by step written tutorial that goes along with the video linked on the right.
- Metal buckets. Decorated metal buckets can be used for centerpieces, food items, ice, party favors, and much more. The possibilities are endless. Check dollar stores or the dollar section of big box stores for inexpensive metal buckets. You may even be able to find seasonal selections around the Fourth of July.
- Cupcake toppers. There are numerous tutorials and printables out there for 4th of July cupcakes toppers. I have linked just one example. Most of the tutorials do not include buttons, it is easy to customize them with buttons.
- How to Make Easy Personalized Cupcake Toppers
Personalize your next party or other special occasion with cupcake toppers. This article gives you all of the information that you need to make them yourself.
- DIY Crafts: Party Pinwheels How-To - DIYInspired.com
Two easy DIY Craft ideas for pinwheels by DIYInspired.com.
- Moore Minutes. This post doesn't include instructions for making a pinwheel, but you can grab those details from the post linked to the right. You'll still get some wonderful inspiration for using buttons with pinwheels and for creating patriotic pinwheel designs.
- Lori Hairston. Lori also some great 4th of July pinwheel inspiration including an idea for turning pinwheels into a wreath.
More Fourth of July Resources From the Author
- Fourth of July Desserts: Easy Patriotic Recipes
This article is about Fourth of July desserts. It includes a wide variety of easy patriotic recipes including cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and more. There are lots of photos and resources
- Fourth of July Drink Recipes: Non Alcoholic and Alcoholic
This article is about Fourth of July drink recipes. It includes a variety of non alcoholic and alcoholic recipes. There are lots of photos as well as party resources.
- Fourth of July Greeting Cards: Handmade Ideas
This article is about how to make Fourth of July greeting cards. It includes ideas for a wide variety of Fourth of July themes including flags, stars, freedom, and fireworks.
More by this Author
Do you enjoy making crafts with natural materials? This fall and winter, use pine cones to make a wide variety of easy craft projects including wreaths, Christmas ornaments, turkeys, and more.
This article has 11 button wreath craft holiday decoration tutorials with descriptions for each. I have included other button craft resources as well as lots of pictures, too.
This article is a collection of sample interview questions and answers for special education teachers. It also contains a number of tips and considerations for the interview.