6 Free Dog Coat Knitting Patterns - Keep your dog Warm and Cozy with a New Coat!
All dog owners know our furry little friends want their walkies come rain and shine, but during the colder months some of the smaller dog breeds would benefit from a warm to keep them warm and comfortable. As you probably know, not all dogs were bred for cold winter climates, and if you regularly see the temperature drop below freezing point, chances are high your dog would thank you for a nice warm knitted dog jacket. knitted dog coat
Not all dogs need coats, larger breeds and the ones with long coats carry their own insulation and will happily run a round in the snow no matter what the temperature is like. In general, there are three main groups of dogs that need a little extra insulation during the colder months:
- The smaller dog breeds, like Chihuahuas, miniature pinchers and toy terriers and all have short coats and they are so small they get cold really easily.
- Greyhounds, whippets and other long legged skinny dogs tend to start shivering as soon as the temperature drops and seem to enjoy nice warm jumpers and coats during the colder months.
- Older dogs and of course those who are chronically ill would enjoy the warmth of a knitted jumper or jacket.
Other factors that would help you figure out if your dog needs a jacket, are whether he shivers when he is outside, seems to avoid the snow or if he wants to jump up in your lap continuously.
Dog Coat Knitting Patterns for Crafty Dog Owners
When its cold outside, there’s nothing better than snuggling up in a warm and cozy home knitted jumper, and your dog is sure to feel the same way.
I’ve compiled a list of nice and simple free knitting patterns for dog coats to get you started - good luck!
Free Dog Coat Knitting Patterns
- This ‘Doggy’s got style’ coat was designed for a Corgi, but could probably also work well for other dog breeds with long backs!
- Check out this knitted Dog Jacket with the word ‘Dog’ knitted across the back, super cute!
- Dachshound owners will love this dog coat especially designed to fit their little friends!
- Knitted Dog Sweater for beginners - Step by step instructions, suitable for beginners.
More by this Author
Learn how using a slow shutter speed can create some amazing creative effects including light trails, smooth waterfalls, panning moving objects and other artistic blurring effects.
- 18Creative photography Projects: Tips and Ideas for Themes and how a Photo Challenge can Improve your Photos
Get inspiration and challenge your photography with a theme - and perhaps even take part in a photo challenge! Lots of tips and ideas to give your creativity a kick start...
This is a no-nonsense, practical and down to earth guide to how you can increase sales in your shop on a daily, monthly and yearly basis. There is no strange marketing jargon, or tricky sales psychology to learn -...