Artists Hubs - The Impressionist Artists
The French Impressionist artists challenged the artistic conventions of their time. They were ridiculed and ignored by the art establishment in France. However, they came out on top and we still know most of their names and their art more than a century later. The Impressionists taught us so much about seeing beyond what was in front of our eyes to see the inner life of a landscape, a still life, or the human figure.
I have written several hubs on the Impressionist artists, and the post-Impressionist artists. Each hub features a short biography of the artist and a selection of his or her work. They came out of a challenge I took to write 30 hubs in 30 days. I hope you enjoy them.
- Pierre-Auguste Renoir - French Impressionist
- Claude Monet - Father of Impressionist Art
- Vincent Van Gogh, Troubled Genius
- Henri Matisse, 20th century master
- Paul Cezanne - Post-Impressionist Painter
- Paul Gauguin - Post-Impressionist Painter
- Camille Pissarro - French Impressionist Artist
- Berthe Morisot - Female Impressionist Painter
- Edgar Degas - French Impressionist
- Frederic Bazille - French Painter
- Georges-Pierre Seurat - French Neoimpressionist Artist
- Edouard Manet - French Artist
- Jean-Baptiste Armand Guillaumin - Impressionist Painter
- Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec - French Painter and Printmaker
- Alfred Sisley - English Impressionist Artist
- Mary Cassatt - American Impressionist Artist
- Gustave Caillebotte - Artist and Collector
More by this Author
All of you young people who served in the war. You are a lost generation.... You have no respect for anything. You drink yourselves to death – Gertrude Stein
A top 10 list of cartoon characters will always be subjective. Cartoons today are not what they used to be and I fondly remember the characters of my childhood.
No one does Shakespeare today as well as Kenneth Branagh does. Whether it is on stage or on film he seems to have an innate feel for the plays of The Bard.