Brother 25-Stitch Sewing Machine, XL-2600i:
Review of Brother XL-2600i 25-Stitch Sewing Machine
If you are looking for an easy to use sewing machine at an affordable price, the Brother XL 2600i could be the perfect sewing machine especially for a beginner.
People have used it to repair jeans, hemmed dress pants, sew on buttons and made a cover for it, sew couch cushions, chair pads, sewing household items like table runners, bags, curtains and quilt blocks.
I spend some time to research on what customers feel about it and here is my honest review, including the good and the bad.
The Brother XL2600I has a number of exceptional features. It has a complete of 25 stitches that are built-in, one step button holer, automated needle threader, stitch width and length adjuster, drop-in bobbin as well as being a feet presser.
Let's see how customers feel about it in terms of ease of use, design, price and durability.
Ease of Use:
1. The automatic threader is suitable for those who wear glasses. It is an absolute eye saver. They love the self-threading feature! No more blinding myself trying to get the thread through the needle!
2. It is easy to thread as the upper threading and bobbin threading is very easy to use.
3. The buttonhole foot is a wonderful feature as you can put the button in the slide and it will automatically calculate the correct length of your buttonhole.
4. It is very easy to use. The manual explains very clearly. The instruction comes with pictures and drawings so it is very easy to follow. It is suitable for a beginner.
1. One user commented that the machine is loud and that when she try to wind a bobbin, the treads skips off.
2. It very difficult to get the thread tension right.
3. There is no automatic needle threading or bobbinwinding. The directions do not explain how to adjust bobin tension
1. The tension, stitch length and stitch type are in the logical places.
2. The machine is lightweight and portable.
3. It is fairly sturdy. It does not move even when sewing heavy fabric.
1. The plastic bobbin case looks a little delicate.
2. The machine is loud.
The price is affordable and is not expensive compared to other models.
One user who had used this machine for two and a half years said, "I sew on it frequently. It has never given me any trouble at all"
Brothers sewing machiens come with 25 years of warranty.
Specificiation of Brother 25-Stitch Sewing Machine, XL-2600i:
- For sewing, quilting and decorating clothing, crafts and home fashions
- 25 Built-in utility, decorative and heirloom stitches, each with multiple stitch functions
- 1-step auto-size buttonholer with stitch balance control
- Drop-in bobbin
- Automatic needle threader
- Built-in thread cutter
- Built-in stretch, blind hem and decorative stitches
- Automatic bobbin winding system
- Quilting features included
- Stitch width and length control
- Dial thread tension control
- Electronic speed control
- Variable needle position
- Twin needle for decorative stitching
- Forward and reverse sewing
- Built-in stitches for garment construction, decorative sewing and quilting
- Free arm/flatbed convertible sewing surface
- Free arm for easy sewing of cuffs and sleeves
- Built-in accessory storage
- Accessories included for quilting, zipper insertion, darning, buttonholes and button sewing
- Quick change presser feet
- Built-in thread cutter
- Built-in light illuminates the sewing area
- Safety power and light switch
- Lightweight with built-in handle for portability
- Bilingual instructions (English/Spanish)
- 25-year limited warranty on the Brother 25-stitch sewing machine
- Unit Dimensions: 15.4e x 6.7e x 11.4e
- Shipping Dimensions: 18.9e x 9.8e x 15e
- Shipping Weight: 16.5 lbs.
- UL/CSA listed
- Model Number: XL2600i
The Brother XL2600i may not handle heavy duty tasks. One user encountered this problem: " the satin stitch gets stuck under the foot once the thread creates bulk. "
I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good basic machine, and for those who want take it to class. if you are in the beginner-intermediate range and don't want to spend a lot on a sewing machine, this model has enogh featues to accomodate beginners and experienced sewers alike.
More than 50% of the customers give it a 5-star rating. You can't go wrong with Brother XL2600i.
More by this Author
The storm of recession is blowing all over the world. As the stock markets continue to go south and companies are tumbling the storm is blowing many employees out of their jobs. Although Singapore is one the richest...
There is always a day that is dedicated to the awareness of some international issues. Today happens to be World Food Day. These World Days spell opportunities for writers, internet marketers and activists. For...
People say that a dog is a man's best friend. I say that a turtle too can be a person's best friend. Here are 7 reasons why turtles makes good pet, especially for children. 1. Small Turtles are small and...