Buy a Digital SLR Camera Bag
Camera Bag Criteria
When you are out and about, traveling here and there, you will want a camera bag you can rely on to do its job flawlessly.
Let's say you take a trip to Orlando, and you will be visiting all the theme parks. There are so many shooting situations that you will need to change lenses for. Your camera bag is a very important piece of photography equipment.
Things to look for in a camera bag?
- Easy to carry by hand or on your shoulder
- Does not seem burdensome by weight or cumbersome because of its bulk
- Easy to organize so that quick change is possible
- Enough pockets and zippers to separate and protect lenses - keep them from hitting each other and causing damage.
What Else Does a Good Camera Bag Offer
Camera bags and cases come in many sizes, shapes and configurations. Examine your equipment to decide how much space and how many compartments you need. It is important to make sure lenses and cameras do not come in contact with each other, causing scratches and possible breakage.
With that in mind, here are some additional features to look for in a camera bag:
- Cinch straps to secure your equipment
- Protective rain flap for weather protection
- Foam pillars to protect and/or support your camera when lens is attached
- Rigid, foam-padded platform in bag bottom to maintain the shape of the bag
Camera Bags for Women
More by this Author
Capturing images of birds with your camera can be much easier if you have the right technique and equipment. Here are some suggestions about how to go about photographing those elusive birds.
The digital photography lexicon is meant to give you a layman's understanding of basic photography terms.
Discover the Top 10 Reasons that the Canon Rebel T3i is the perfect camera for first time DSLR buyers.