Christmas Candy Recipes -Homemade and Easy
- 1 package white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. pepperming extract
- 12 peppermint candies (or small peppermint sticks)
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper, set aside.
- Place peppermint candies in a ziplock bag and crush into small pieces.
- Melt the white chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly. Alternatively, you can melt in the microwave for five mintutes, stirring well when it is done.
- Stir in the peppermint extract and peppermint candies.
- Spread on the cookie sheet. Let cool in the refrigerator until set.
- Break into pieces. Store in an air-tight container.
Chocolate Peanut Clusters
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 can peanuts
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Mix the chocolate and butterscotch chips together in a glass bowl.
- Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir vigourously until the melted chips are well mixed and creamy.
- Add the peanuts, still stirring.
- Drop the mixture in tablespoons onto the waxed paper.
- Let cool and harden. Enjoy!
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- Lay out a sheet of waxed paper.
- Heat a skillet.
- Mix the salt and maple syrup together.
- Pour the syrup into the skillet. Immediately stir in the walnuts.
- Let cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- The walnuts should absorb the liquid and begin to toast.
- Place walnuts on waxed paper to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
More by this Author
This is an easy to follow, step-by-step guide to casting on for beginning knitters with pictures. The guide also acts as a good refresher for someone who has taken a break from knitting.
Valentines Day holds special memories for me because my mom always spent time helping me make my own Valentines when I was a child. She taught me all of the techniques her own mother taught her. I never handed out store...
A beginner's guide to knitting a scarf. This step-by-step guide teaches you how to knit a homemade scarf with directions for knit and purl stitches, two easy scarf patterns, knitting terminology glossary, and valuable...