Christmas Candy Recipes -Homemade and Easy
- 1 package white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. pepperming extract
- 12 peppermint candies (or small peppermint sticks)
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper, set aside.
- Place peppermint candies in a ziplock bag and crush into small pieces.
- Melt the white chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly. Alternatively, you can melt in the microwave for five mintutes, stirring well when it is done.
- Stir in the peppermint extract and peppermint candies.
- Spread on the cookie sheet. Let cool in the refrigerator until set.
- Break into pieces. Store in an air-tight container.
Chocolate Peanut Clusters
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 can peanuts
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Mix the chocolate and butterscotch chips together in a glass bowl.
- Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir vigourously until the melted chips are well mixed and creamy.
- Add the peanuts, still stirring.
- Drop the mixture in tablespoons onto the waxed paper.
- Let cool and harden. Enjoy!
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- Lay out a sheet of waxed paper.
- Heat a skillet.
- Mix the salt and maple syrup together.
- Pour the syrup into the skillet. Immediately stir in the walnuts.
- Let cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- The walnuts should absorb the liquid and begin to toast.
- Place walnuts on waxed paper to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
More by this Author
A chapbook is a hand-stitched pamphlet. In the colonial United States, street peddlers called chapmen sold chapbooks, which contained religious messages, political opinions, poetry, and popular pieces of literature....
Valentines Day holds special memories for me because my mom always spent time helping me make my own Valentines when I was a child. She taught me all of the techniques her own mother taught her. I never handed out store...
A beginner's guide to knitting a scarf. This step-by-step guide teaches you how to knit a homemade scarf with directions for knit and purl stitches, two easy scarf patterns, knitting terminology glossary, and valuable...