Crafts for Kids - How to make a nest for your teacher
Materials you will need
Cheap multicolored yarn
Double sided tape
Gift tissue paper
I am not what you would call a crafter. In my opinion, people who can wear the title of being a crafter do not back down from any craft. I am more into children's crafts. I like simple steps and few utensils. Anything more than that and I might run away screaming. I think crafts are cool and I admire all the talent and ideas out there but I am not skilled in many craft areas.
My daughter loves crafts even tho we do not do them much. There is something about making it herself that brings her so much more joy than shopping does. Sometimes, it awards us the opportunity to do something nice for her teachers without spending much. With Easter coming this sunday, I decided to try something with her.
I have to say that they were pretty easy to make. They were very inexpensive as well. I paid $1.77 for the yarn. I had the hairspray, the tissue, and the double sided tape already. I just needed the candy and the balloons.
- Lets start by getting our balloons ready.
- Place a few small pieces of double sided tape on the balloon. One in your starting point and one or two on the sides. Don't do what I did. Too much tape makes it difficult to get the balloon off when you pop it and it makes the nest cave. Luckily, it was easy to work it back into shape with my fingers.
- Start the yarn off by rolling it into a wheel with your fingers.
- Once you have got the wheel going secure it to the balloon with the double sided tape.
- Continue building your nest. Be sure not to make it too tall. These are super cute but there is no support system.
- Now its time to use the hairspray. Spray liberally. Let sit until dry.
- Before popping the balloon, use a butter knife to separate the taped sides. Now POP!
*If you want a ruffled nest, place small pieces of tape around edges of nest/balloon. Spray liberally. Do not separate tape before popping balloon. POP! Do not remove balloon after popping. Spray liberally again and blow dry. Then remove balloon.
- Now its time to put some tissue in. I first put some double sided tape on the inside for extra support then I put in some tissue filling up to about half. I did not over fill.
- Finally, its time to get the love birds in with their 3 little eggs!
- I sprayed just a little more when I was done.
If you try it, have fun and Happy Easter!
More by this Author
www.BetterLifeBodyWrap.com I can't say that I was actually looking for great skin care products. I never really paid much attention to my skin. It wasn't until I met my husband that I was introduced to facials. Then of...
Love Christmas but can do without wrestling the tree after?
Trying to put this pain into words...