How to Create Text Images Using Gimp and Microsoft Powerpoint 2007
Let's start with Microsoft Powerpoint 2007.
- Open your Powerpoint.
- Go to Insert --> WordArt --> Select the style you want.
- Type the text and change the font as desired.
- Edit the text. Fill the text with the desired color. Go to Drawing Tools/Format --> Text Fill and fill the text with Gradient, Picture, Texture, or just a plain color. You can also change the Text Outline color and add some text effect.
Now, let's move the work to Gimp.
- Open your installed Gimp software.
- Create a new canvass. Go to File --> New
- Determine the width and height of your work or poster. For this tutorial I used 600x400.
- Go back Powerpoint. Copy your WordArt and paste it Gimp. You can click the WordArt and copy it using CTRL+C shortcut and paste it in Gimp using CTRL+V.
- On the Layers, Channels, Paths... window. Right click on the Pasted Layer and select New Layer.
- Resize the text. Right click on the Pasted Layer and select Scale. A new window will appear. Adjust the text art accordingly.
Rate This Tutorial's Difficulty
Do you find this tutorial easy?See results without voting
- Add enhancements or decorations to your text. In this tutorial, I did some effect and paints.
- To add a glowing effect. Duplicate the Pasted Layer or the text image. You can do this by right clicking that layer and select Duplicate Layer.
- Select the bottom layer then then go to Filters --> Blur --> Gaussian Blur. A new window will appear. Click OK.
- Duplicate the blurred layer once again to achieve an emphatic glow effect.
- Duplicate the first, untouched layer then select the Mode into Burn.
- To add decorations. Here's what I did: create a New Layer. Right click on the Layers, Channels,... --> New Layer.
- Select the Paintbrush Tool on the Tool window. Look for desired brushes and color. Apply as desired on the canvass.
- You can play with the Mode tool in the Layers, Channels,... window. Be sure to paint on duplicate layers to achieve a desired effect.
- Save your work into png, jpeg, or gif.
Gimp Software from Amazon
More by this Author
CD-ROMs have been with us for many years. It has become an important accessory in computer services. Will it become obsolete? What factors will lead to it becoming outdated? Will it still be advantageous for us to use...
This article explains how perception affect our thinking. It also explains other factors that influence our perception as well.
Prison Architect is a simulation game created by Introversion Software, the same company who gave us DEFCON (2007). In Prison Architect, you simulate the designing, building and running of a prison.