Easy to Make with Cricut Scrapbook Page Idea-Summertime Theme
For this layout I used the Simply Charmed Cricut Cartridge from Provo Craft along with my trusty Cricut Personal Cutting Machine. The Simply Charmed cartridge seems to be my favorite, where I can find almost any cutout I need, and I find myself using it over and over again. The pizza and beachball cutouts were so much fun to put together with amazing details and I hope my directions make it all that much easier.
The circles for the photo shapes were cut using a Creative Memories plastic circle. These circles along with small "bug" cutters are great for consistent shapes. The little "bug" has a blade which rides in a channel built into the circle shape. You simply hold onto the circle and slide the "bug" around along the channel. You might be able to find these types of shapes at your local scrapbooking supplies store; I wasn't able to locate them on the Creative Memories website.
I could have used a feature called "Center Point" on my Cricut Personal Cutting Machine. You position the cutting blade on the Cricut to be in the center of the part of the photo you want to cutout and the Cricut machine will cut the desired shape in the size you wish, around the center point. I, however, decided to use the Creative Memories shapes instead. Another alternative is to cut free-hand or using a bowl to draw the shape.
The Cricut Machine gives you all the tools and shapes you need for any layout and makes the project easy and beautiful looking, but in the absence of a mechanically drawn shape, you can always resort to hand drawn shapes.
- Cricut Cartridge: Simply Charmed
- Blade Depth: #2
- Pressure; High
- Speed: Medium
- Scrapbooking Cardstock: A heavier weight to accurately cut the tiny "pizza" ingredients.
Step by Step
The pizza and beachball cutouts have many layers each but the finished layered cutout makes the effort worth it, especially with the details on the pizza.
- Cut your photos into the desired circle sizes. I cut my photos into both 2 1/2" circles and 3 1/2"circles.
- I used the Simply Charmed Cricut cartridge's Beachball to cutout the circle backgrounds for each photo. Cut one <Beachbal>, pg 51 for each circle. A 2 1/2" photo takes a 3 1/4" circle, and a 3 1/2" photo takes a 4 1/4" circle for the backgrounds.
- For each Pizza layered cutout: Cut one <Pizza>, pg 76, 2", using Pizza Key for the mushrooms and crust.
- Cut one <Pizza>, pg 76, 2", using Layer 1 & Pizza Key for the olives and layer on crust.
- Cut one <Pizza>, pg 76, 2", using Layer 2 & Pizza Key for the cheese. Use the poking tool from the to open the eyes & mouth cuts. Cricut Essentials kit
- Cut one <Pizza>, pg 76, 2", using Layer 3 & Pizza Key for the pepperoni & cheeks.
- Cut one <Pizza>, pg 76, 2", using Layer 4 and Pizza Key for the peppers.
- Cut one <Pizza>, pg 76, 2", using Shadow & Pizza Key for a bottom layer.
- To assemble the pizza, from bottom to top layer: Step 8, 3, 4, 5, 6,7
- For each Beachball layered cutout. Cut one <BeachBal>, pg 51, 2", using Beachball key for the base. Use a dark color as it will show thru the yellow eyes & mouth areas.
- Cut one <Beachbal>, pg 51, 2", using Layer 1, Shift, & Beachball key for yellow part of the ball. Make sure eyes & mouth are cleared using the poking tool from the Cricut Essentials Kit.
- Cut one <Beachbal>, pg 51, 2", using Layer 2, Shift, & Beachball key for red part of the ball.
- Cut one <Beachbal>, pg 51, 2", using Layer 3, Shift, & Beachball key for cheeks and shadow on the ball.
- Cut one <Beachbal>, pg 51, 2" using Layer 4, Shift & Beachball key for the green area on the ball.
- Cut one <Beachbal>, pg 51, 2" using Shadow, Shift & Beachball key for background.
- To assemble Beachball from bottom to top layer: Step 14, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
- Cutout one extra circle for the journaling area.
With each of these cutouts it does take a bit of practice to see why each layer has to be created. Quite often the cutout exists simply to show thru the cutout areas of a layer on top of it.
From Amazon.com: Return to the uncomplicated joys of life with the Simply Charmed cartridge. This delightful cartridge is filled with layered images with themes like seasons, holidays, and food. You will absolutely adore the whimsical style, range of images, and Word feature.
From Amazon.com:These accessories are designed to work with all Cricut machines. Use these custom-designed tools for creating and moving the most intricate paper crafts. The Cricut Essentials Kit comes with spatula, tool kit, replacement blade, paper trimmer, 6 by 12 inch cutting mat, 6 by 12 inch pad of cardstock paper, and 6 by 12 inch pad of printed paper. 7- Piece tool kit comes in a zippered carrying case and includes bone folder, hook, knife, clear ruler, scoop, scraper, and scissors. Tools feature comfortable-to-grip rubber handles.
More by this Author
The flamingos are such cute cutouts and can be used for any homemade Cricut Card. Stamping and Serenade cartridges from Cricut are easy and fun to use.
The Cricut Personal Paper Cutter machine has expanded my creativity to no bounds. I am able to create beautiful and meaningful greeting cards with the Cricut. The Cricut cartridges and cardstock are all that I need to...
Don't buy Laundry Detergent, make your own! It is easy and only takes about 15 minutes to do. Costs pennies per load. The ingredients are pure with a wonderful smell-no perfumes/dyes.
No comments yet.