David Shrigley Artist Photographer Designer Humorist Satirist
Day 5 of 30 Day Challenge
April 5, 2011 Day 5 of the Hubpages Challenge
It happened again. My intention to have the hubpages finished early in the morning or at least early in the day did not happen. All those other projects calling my name. So, last minute shall put this up and hope everyone enjoys.
In fact, day 4's hubpages received a citation because of too much repeated content. Not really sure why, but I did repair with all those lovely wind photographs I mean to share with you from my walk.
Today's little hub presents an incredible artist who I found while stumbling with my daughter on her laptop. She was the one who got me started and we couldn't stop reading all of his most unusual thoughts and pages. Like opening a someone's personal diary, David provides a peek into his most unusual world vision and bizarre thoughts. You'll laugh, smile, cry and just love it.
Books By David Shrigley
A Page From My Diary
Out To Sea | The sea captain of the ship writes in his daily log the tenor of the waves, the air and the people on board. He records his feelings and predictions. Will the crew make it to land on this voyage. Riding the waves when the air moves them further along and the engine chugs rhythmically in tune.
Checking the fuel, coal, oil and wind to push us and drag us over the hump to reach the 30 days of this trip? We know that the daily goal of one hub will be enough and then a sigh of relief.
Thinking about it even before I open my eyes, I'm determined to start early to get a head start this day. No lack of ideas holds me back, only the daily chores.
I've stumbled upon a strange looking image of a piece of orange clay with two eyes a nose and a mouth, hanging above a piece of paper on an old rusty pole. It reads: See image above. To see the context of that picture you will have to visit David's website.
David Shrigley The Animator
I Dare You
Just visit David Shrigley's website, pick and choose like candy in a store some found objects. The first page we came upon was The PHOTOGRAPHS. This catalogue of images provides a take on the world that only an artist could reveal. Behind each one is a story. I shall provide the list soon.
His raw DRAWINGS both black and white move quickly, so follow closely. He tells a story and the message deals with our personal thoughts about life, our fears and desires. He loves to use the illustrators "line" and scribbling, marking out, showing the drawing process and the changes and development of the ideas.
A Photo Gallery - Just Pick One
He's Not Afraid Of Speaking Out
That was the beginning with my fascination and interest to search his website and learn more about him. I found out he published a book.
I truly think you will get a kick out of his work. He reduces life into the most simplest terms. One page in his book is simply called, "The Blank Page."
David balances on the profane like a kid testing the edges where he might be put in his place. Only an true artist can get away with this behavior because we know he is making a statement about life.
David uses symbolism and makes us think about our emotions. He's not afraid to broach our most intimate thoughts and pry open the door to the mind and our psyche.
Enjoy David Shrigley's Videos on YouTube
Some one please tell me, "Why am I laughing at this video below?"
I thought this was going to be an opinion piece of the state of the economy and the fact that unemployment is at an all time high. Why, oh why am I laughing?
You Can Find Many More David Shrigley Films on YouTube
Comments About David Shrigley's Art 9 comments
About the Author
Debby Bruck, CHOM is the founder of HomeopathyWorldCommunity. Debby believes that homeopathy is the wave of the future that provides hope and healing to those who have tried every other approach. Follow Debby on Twitter.
Disclaimer: This Information is for Educational Purposes Only
- The information on this blogsite is posted for educational purposes only, and not intended to constitute medical or legal advice. As with any important medical or legal matter, you are advised to consult an experienced health care provider and/or knowledgeable attorney concerning your specific health & vaccine exemption or waiver concerns.
- No attorney-client relationship or doctor-patient relationship is intended, implied or created by the posting or viewing of information on this site; nor is a doctor-patient or an attorney-client relationship created by the submission or exchange of questions or information via email or otherwise with Debby Bruck
- Readers are responsible for their use of information provided on this blog or linked to from this site. Debby Bruck assumes no liability for the same.
- Debby Bruck has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on this blog site, but absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Always check with your health care provider
- If You Enjoy Hubpages You may want to Join Now.
More by this Author
- 36Homeopathic Formic Ant Remedy Formica Rufa Relieves Rheumatic Arthritis Gout, Acid, Stings and Itching
Extensive article about homeopathy and other scientific facts related to one homeopathic remedy for arthritis, rheumatism, gout, stiff joints, weak vision, eczema, itching, hives, nettle rash, shingles, edema, headache,...
An opinion piece about our world view. Why do Americans think they are the center of the world?
Environmental lead effects brain function, neurological damage and make cause violent behavior. List of sources of lead in the environment.