Easy DIY Paint Chip Sample Arts and Crafts Projects: How to Make Jewelry
What kinds of jewelry projects can you make with paint chip samples?
Other Jewelry Elements
Necklaces / Pendants
Business Card Holders
Homemade Beads for Jewelry
Paint chip samples are a fun and easy material for creating a wide variety of arts and crafts projects, including jewelry. You can make bracelets, necklaces, pendants, and earrings out of paint chips. Don't forget to consider making displays and packaging out of color samples as well. Happy crafting!
You will need some basic jewelry making supplies for most of these projects.
- The Beader's Toolbox: Jewelry Making Tools and Supplies
This article details the most important supplies and tools to include in a beader's toolbox. It specifically focuses on beadweaving and simple wire work.
PAINT CHIP JEWELRY, earrings, pendant, necklace
- Handmade Beads: How to Make Beads Out of Clay, Paper, Plastic, and Glass: Supplies, Techniques, Tuto
This article is about how to make beads out of clay, paper, plastic, and glass. It includes an overview of supplies, techniques, tutorials and resources for paper, polymer clay, plastic, ceramic, beaded, fused glass, and lampwork glass beads.
- alisaburke: upcycled gift wrap
Includes instructions for making paper beads.
Paint Chip Jewelry Projects
- Earrings. Amy of Copper Diem used an eyelet setter to make attractive, sturdy earring components. Check out her earrings tutorial at BlogHer. You can also use these little components to make charm bracelets and more. Aki of Minted Strawberry has a tutorial for ombre paint chip earrings.
- Necklaces / pendants. Did you know that there are Disney paint colors? Some people like to create simple Disney jewelry out of their paint samples, which feature a little Mickey Mouse in the corner. Check out this Mickey Mouse necklace tutorial from A Creative Princess. Create Craft Love shares a great simple idea for layering different paint chip colors to make an ombre necklace. Sincerely, Kinsey switches up the routine with a unique geometric design. No one will ever know that you made this versatile piece out of paint chips.
- Bracelets. Surprisingly all of the paint chip jewelry tutorials out there are for earrings and necklaces without any options for bracelets. Many people reading this article will be able to pull inspiration from other jewelry tutorials and create coordinating bracelets. Autumn of BiblioBags seems to dominate the paint chip bracelet market on Etsy. Check them out in her shop and on her blog.
- Homemade bead components. Again, there are no tutorials out there for paint chip beads, but this concept is pretty self-explanatory. There are tons of tutorials out there for making paper beads. Why not give paint chips a try to create your own jewelry components?
Bunny Pinterest - Paint Chip Box
Paint Chip Display and Packaging Materials
Paint chip displays and packaging materials are the perfect way to complete paint chip jewelry gifts and sale items. However, you don't need to feel limited to this. They complement many other types of bright, fun handmade pieces as well as other small gift items.
- Displays and packaging. Lindy of Itsy Bitsy Paper created paint chip packaging for some of her button jewelry. If you create any type of bright, fun jewelry that you gift or sell, paint chip packaging is a great option. Lindy has detailed photos of how she puts the whole jewelry package together, too.
- Business card holders. Are you looking for a business card holder that won't break the bank? You may want to consider making one out of a paint chip sample. Design Verb has a template and detailed instructions.
- Gift boxes. Paint chip boxes are perfect for packaging up just about any kind of small gift item. The boxes are so pretty that you won't even need to gift wrap them. Jessica of How About Orange has a tutorial for this project.
DIY Ombre Paint Chip Earrings
More Ideas for Paint Chip Jewelry Projects
- Possibilities for ombre. As there are several ombre tutorials in this article, you may have already considered the idea of making ombre paint ship projects. Many paint samples lend themselves naturally to these designs. As ombre is huge right now, you'll have no problem finding inspiration for your paint chips.
- Seasonal and holiday projects. There are a handful of awesome seasonal and holiday paint chip jewelry ideas, such as candy corn earrings from Infarrantly Creative. You can also customize virtually any tutorial with colors and themes to fit specific occasions.
- Using different paper punches. If you've clicked through a number of the tutorials in this article, you've probably already seen people using at least a couple different paper punches for their projects. There is no limit to the number of different punches that you can use. Some are more conducive to jewelry than others. Don't be afraid to experiment and figure out what will work best for your particular designs.
More Jewelry Making Articles From the Author
- How to Make a Mixed Metal Bracelet: Easy Jewelry Tutorial
Do you enjoy learning how to make bracelets? This tutorial for a mixed metal bracelet is a fun, easy jewelry idea.
- How to Make Bracelets: 10 Easy Tutorials
Are you looking for an easy bracelet tutorial? This article has 10 easy tutorials, complete with photos and lots of resources.
- Right Angle Weave Beadweaving Technique: Why It's So Versatile
Learn about the versatility and other aspects of the right angle weave beading technique. I include lots of examples, patterns, and references.
More by this Author
Are you interested in designing and making your own button jewelry? Get tips and ideas for creating bracelets, necklaces, earrings, and more.
Familiarize yourself with the varying jewelry clasps and findings available to expand your options for creating bracelets, necklaces, and more. I've included lots of purchasing resources as well.
This article is a big round up of coaster tutorials. It includes coaster tutorials for fabric, tile, and more. There are links and photos for all of these tutorials with additional resources for some of them.