Easy to Make Bridal Shower Invitation Card Idea using a Cricut
Having a Cricut Personal Cutting machine allows me to make any card or scrapbook layout that I wish to create. The directions in each of the Cricut Cartridge booklets that come with the cartridges are easy to follow, once you get used to how Cricut has laid out each page. One the left side of each page are two pictures, one is created using just the keyboard key with that picture on it, the other is created using the shift key plus the keyboard key with the picture on it. To the right are the six different cutouts you can create with a combination of other keys plus the picture's keyboard key.
For instance, using the Sweethearts Cartridge by Cricut, you can use the picture's keyboard key along with either the "layers", "tag", "Card", "Envelope", "Shadow", or "Blackout" key. Or you can use the picture's keyboard key, plus the shift key, and any one of the other keys mentioned above. The shift key cutout is always featured above and to the right.
This Bridal Shower Invitation was quite a bit of fun to make. I chose the colors used by a bride but go ahead and use your imagination as many different coordinating colors could be used.
- Blade Depth: #2
- Speed: Medium
- Pressure: High
- Cartridge: Cricut Sweethearts
Due to the intricate words in the sentiments, I would advice using a heavier cardstock, available at scrapbooking supply stores and craft departments of department stores.
My card is 2 3/4" x 4 1/4" in size. I used the Sweethearts Cartridge from Cricut for the entire invitation.
- Select a pretty background cardstock for your invitation. This paper can be lightweight.
- Adhere the background cardstock to the card itself.
- Cut one <Shower>, page 51, using Shadow and Shift Key, Size 3/4". This will cutout the background for Bridal Shower.
- Cut one <Shower>, page 51, using the Picture's Keyboard key and Shift Key, Size 3/4". This will cutout the intricate words "Bridal Shower".
- Adhere the background "Bridal Shower" sentiment, then on top adhere the intricate "Bridal Shower" sentiment.
- Cut one <Umbrella>, page 51, using the Picture's Keyboard Key only, Size 1 1/2", my color choice: Green Print.
- Cut one <Umbrella>, page 51, using the Layers key and Picture's Keyboard Key, Size 1 1/2", my color choice: Burgundy.
- Cut one <Umbrella>, page 51, using the Shadow key and Picture's Keyboard Key, Size 1 1/2", my color choice: Green Print.
- Cut one <Umbrella>, page 51, using the Blackout key and Picture's Keyboard Key, Size 1 1/2", my color choice: White.
- Assemble and adhere together the <Umbrella> from bottom to top- Shadow, Blackout, Layers, Picture's Keyboard Key. It's a bit tricky to get the umbrella handles aligned, takes patience.
- Adhere the <Umbrella> to the top right of the card as shown.
- Cut one <Invited>, page 50, using the Shadow, Shift, and Picture's Keyboard Key, Size 1", my color choice White.
- Cut one <Invited>, page 50, using the Picture's Keyboard Key only.
- Adhere the intricate <Invited> to the Shadow <Invited>
- Adhere "You're Invited> to the card.
- Optional: to dress up the card a bit, you can buy tiny beads and glue them to the card, or a pretty small bow could be added.
This cartridge has a large amount of expressions and images for creating shower invitations, valentines, celebrating anniversaries, and sending I love you cards and notes any time of the year. Included are phrases, shapes, and single sentiments, all having to do with romance. Includes a keyboard overlay, booklet, and cartridge. Easy to use for the beginner and extensive enough for the experienced crafter.
More by this Author
The flamingos are such cute cutouts and can be used for any homemade Cricut Card. Stamping and Serenade cartridges from Cricut are easy and fun to use.
Birthday cards are something we all give to others throughout the year. Using a Cricut machine you can create a one-of-a-kind card. Homemade cards made with the Cricut are special, fun, and easy to make.
The Cricut Personal Paper Cutter machine has expanded my creativity to no bounds. I am able to create beautiful and meaningful greeting cards with the Cricut. The Cricut cartridges and cardstock are all that I need to...