Elegant Cricut Homemade Wedding Invitation with a Cricut Machine
Are Wedding Bells Ringing?
If you have a wedding in the family you know approximately how expensive all the arrangements will be. One of those expenses is the cost of the bridal shower invitations, wedding invitations, and placecards... all those paper items.
If you have a Cricut personal cutting machine - designing and creating the wedding invitations might be a gift you could give or just a way to lessen the expenses for your family.
Once you have the design figured out- making multiples isn't very hard to do.
An elegant but easy to make Wedding Invitation can be created using your Cricut Personal Cutting Machine in a very short time. Once you have decided or know which color combination to use, the cutouts are very simple and the layers needed for each finished cutout are necessary for the finished look.
The cardstock I decided to use is an elegant shiny paper from K&Company, highlighted with gold accents. The cardstock was a 12"x12" scrapbook layout standard size so I used my Cricut Personal Cutting Machine to cut out the shapes in areas of the cardstock that I needed.
It was a lot of fun to design this card and I think the finished project came out very nice.
1. Cut a background piece of cardstock that is 4 1/8" x 5 1/4" large.
2. For the Bells
- Cut one <Bells>, pg 56, 3" using Bells key. This will give you the tan bell layer. Bend the bell clanger up and cut if you want the next layer to peek thru.
- Cut one <Bells>, pg 56, 3" using Layer and Bells key. This will give you the patterned bell layer with a cutout to show the bell inside and clanger.
- Cut one <Bells>, pg 56, 3" using the Shadow and Bells key. This will give you the bottom layer- the clanger will show thru if you cut it out.
3. To assemble the bell, adhere to the shadow layer the tan layer then the top patterned layer. Adhere the finished bell to the center of the card.
4. For the doves & hearts
- Cut one each of <Dove>, pg 56, 1" using the Shadow, Shift, and Dove key.
- Cut one each of <Dove>, pg 56, 1" using the Layers, Shift, and Dove key.
- Cut one each of <Dove>, pg 56, 1" using the Blackout, Shift, and Dove key.
To cutout the doves facing each other, repeat Step 4 using the Flip key with each of the three cutouts. This will give you a dove facing the opposite way; the two doves will face each other.
To assemble the Doves from bottom to top layer: Shadow then Blackout, then Layers. Adhere the doves facing each other with hearts at their heads at the top right and left of the card.
Step 5 Cut one <Chair>, pg 41, 1" using the Phrase and Chair keys. This will give you the intricate "You're Invited". For a best result with no fraying, put the paper upside down on the sticky mat then use the Flip Key for the phrase to come out correctly.
Cut one <Chair-s>, pg 41, 1" using the Phrase, Shift, and Chair keys. This will give you the background for the "You're Invited" phrase.
6. Assemble the phrase and adhere it to the bottom of your card
7. Hand Tie a small cream colored bow and adhere it in between the two doves at the top of the card.
Amazon.com: "The Cricut Sweethearts cartridge is perfect for creating valentines, hosting showers, celebrating anniversaries, and composing love notes all year long. Simple to use and full of options, the cartridge includes phrases, single words, and shapes, all full of romance and affection. Depending on the kind of Cricut machine you use, cuts can range from tiny to impressive. With the Cricut, they are 1 to 5-1/2 inches; with the Cricut Create, they are 1/4 to 11-1/2 inches; and with the Cricut Expression, they are 1/4 to 23-1/2 inches. Ready to put into crafting action, this kit includes one keyboard overlay, the cartridge, and an instruction booklet."
More by this Author
The flamingos are such cute cutouts and can be used for any homemade Cricut Card. Stamping and Serenade cartridges from Cricut are easy and fun to use.
Birthday cards are something we all give to others throughout the year. Using a Cricut machine you can create a one-of-a-kind card. Homemade cards made with the Cricut are special, fun, and easy to make.
The Cricut Personal Paper Cutter machine has expanded my creativity to no bounds. I am able to create beautiful and meaningful greeting cards with the Cricut. The Cricut cartridges and cardstock are all that I need to...