Free Knit Dishcloth Pattern: A Knitted Kitchen Sink Necessity!
Bias Knit Garter Stitch Dishcloth
Hand knit dishcloths are machine washable, and can be washed along with your regular laundry. And this bias knit garter stitch dishcloth has the "scrubbiness" that you need when washing dishes.
Gauge: 5 st/inch over garter stitch
Yarn: Cotton dishcloth yarn, such as LIly Sugar 'N Cream or Pisgah Peaches and Creme. You will need two colors, 15 grams of each.
1. Cast on 3 stitches in color 1.
2. Work 2 Increasing Rows, then join color 2.
- * k, kfb, knit across *
3. Work Increasing Rows, 2 rows in each color (i.e. one garter stitch ridge per color) until you have 40 stitches on the needle.
4. Switch to Decreasing Rows.
- *k, k2tog, knit across*
5. Work Decreasing Rows until only 3 stitches remain. Bind off, and weave in ends.
More by this Author
At some point every dog owner, after brushing their dog, has thought, “I could make a whole new dog from this!” You may not be able to make a new dog, but you might just be able to make yarn! ...
Blocking is an important final step, to get your knitting looking its best! Depending on the project and the fiber you may want to do anything from a full soak to a light spritz-and-tug. Don’t...
A guideline to how often blankets, sheets, and pillows should be washed in the laundry.
No comments yet.