Easy to Make with Cricut Card Idea- Easter Holiday
It just dawned on me that Easter is right around the corner, so I decided, while I was driving, that I wanted to make an Easter Card with a basket full of decorated Easter eggs. Here it is, and the basket was fun to create as the did not actually have an Easter Basket to cut out. That is one great thing about the Cricut, if you can find a shape similar to what you are looking for, you can cut out the "shadow" version to create the cutout you wish. Simply Charmed cartridge
Creating simple and easy to make homemade cards with a Cricut Machine is so much fun. And not only is it fun, but you are creating special and unique homemade cards for your friends and loved ones, something they always appreciate.
For this Easter card, I used two cutouts actually intended for other affects; however, I wanted an Easter basket and eggs, which didn't have so I used shapes similar and they worked out great. Simply Charmed
- Cricut Cartridge: Simply Charmed
- Pressure: High
- Speed: Medium
- Blade Depth: #2
used the Pressure setting of High for most of the cutouts. You would
want to make the pressure Max if you decide to use any of the heavier
weight cardstock paper. This allows for nice, accurate cuts, especially
for the bunny's eyes and mouth. Great heavier weight papers can be found at scrapbook supply stores and the craft departments of departments stores.
Paper: Coredinations Foundations Canvas Texture. Buy the 12"x12" size and cut to 2 -6" pieces for your Cricut cuts.
Step by Step
- Step 1: For the background of the card, cut a coordinating piece of scrapbooking cardstock to fit your card size, my card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Adhere it to the card body.
- Step 2: Bunny body bottom layer: Cut one <Bunny>, pg 35, Size 3 1/2" using Shadow Key & bunny keyboard key. Pink Color
- Step 3: Bunny Face lower layer: Cut one <Bunny>, pg 35, Size 3 1/2" using Layer 1 and bunny keyboard keys. Brown Color
- Step 3: Bunny Face top layer: Cut one <Bunny>, pg 35, Size 3 1/2" using Layer 2 and bunny keyboard keys. Tan Color
- Step 4: Bunny cheeks,feet,ears: Cut one <Bunny>, pg 35, Size 3 1/2" using Layer 3 and bunny keyboard keys. Dark Pink Color
- Step 5: Bunny Body top layer: Cut one <Bunny>, pg 35, Size 3 1/2" using only bunny keyboard key.
Assemble the bunny: Adhere the Bunny Face top layer to the Bunny Face bottom layer, the bottom layer should show through at eyes & mouth. Adhere the face to top bunny body layer, then adhere cheeks to the face, feet dots to feet and heels, and inner ears. Adhere top bunny body layer to the shadow bunny body layer.
- Step 6: Adhere the assembled bunny to the card body.
- Step 7: Easter Basket top layer: Cut one <ChickEgg>, page 35, Size 2" using Layer 2, Shift, and Chickegg keyboard keys. Color White
- Step 7: Easter Basket bottom layer: Cut one <ChickEgg>, page 35, Size 2 1/4" using Layer 2, Shift, and Chickegg keyboard keys. Color Pink.
This is actually supposed to be the bottom half of an egg, but I wanted a basket so used this cutout.
- Step 8: Easter Eggs: Cut three different colors for the eggs: Cut one of each color <Tree2>, page 56, using Layer 3 and Tree2 keyboard keys. Colors: Blue, Speckled, Pink.
These are meant to be tree leaves but I used the shape for the Easter Eggs.
- Step 9: Adhere the 4 of each color of the Easter eggs to the card base, arranging in a scattered pattern, using the Easter basket as a guide, then adhere the basket on top of the eggs. Then adhere the remaining 2 of each color around the basket base.
- Step 10: Add some embellishments such as a small hand-tied bow to the bunny's neck, small dots can be drawn around the different cutouts. Use an acrylic stamp for the Easter greeting on the top of the card or handwrite what you would like to say...now you Done, just in time to hide those eggs.
This is a fun cartridge to own, you are able to create fun little critters, sentiments, and shapes for just about any holiday or celebration.
Simply a must have for any Cricut crafter's collection. The poking tool and the spatula are used every time I create a Cricut card or scrapbook layout. Also included are sticky mats, extra paper and other great to have tools.
More by this Author
The Cricut Personal Paper Cutter machine has expanded my creativity to no bounds. I am able to create beautiful and meaningful greeting cards with the Cricut. The Cricut cartridges and cardstock are all that I need to...
This birthday card was for a teenage girl; I wanted it to look feminine but not too young. Colorful cardstock makes every homemade card fun to make and receive.
Don't buy Laundry Detergent, make your own! It is easy and only takes about 15 minutes to do. Costs pennies per load. The ingredients are pure with a wonderful smell-no perfumes/dyes.
No comments yet.