DIY: Paper Rose
Beautiful Paper Rose
I have been making paper roses ever since I was a child, I love being able to take something as simple as a piece of paper and being able to turn it into something as beautiful as a rose and then adding my own unique twist to it. You can even personalize these paper roses to suit your own taste.
A paper rose is so easy and fun to make. You can use them as decorations on gifts, purses, headbands, belts and anything else you want to add these little paper creations to.
Below is a step by step guide on how to make a beautiful paper rose I hope you find them helpful.
How to Make Easy Paper Roses Step By Step
What You Will Need
1.One Piece of paper you can use any color. I chose white because I usually like to add glitter to my paper roses.
2. One pair of safety scissors
3.One sharpened pencil.
4.Spray glitter like the kind you use on your body and hair for Halloween.
5. An eraser
You don't have to use safety scissors if you don't want to. I just used them because I let my children help me make these, so for them it just makes more sense to use the safety scissors over regular ones.
1. Draw a light spiral line on your paper, make sure to keep the lines somewhat thin. No more than half an inch wide, any wider than that and your paper rose won't turn out right.
2. Cut along the outer line of your spiral to form a circle, cutting the ends of your paper away.
3. Start cutting the lines of your spiral be careful not to cut your spiral in half.
4. Now start rolling your paper from the end of your spiral.
5. Keep rolling until there is nothing left but the center of your spiral and press it into the bottom of your roll.
6. Now place The paper rose on a piece of paper and spray the glitter on it.
The great thing about these beautiful paper roses are that you can change the color, or look of your paper rose by simply changing the type of paper you use. If you want a funkier paper rose, use a newspaper page and draw your spiral with a magic marker instead of a pencil. For a more stable rose, use a very heavy fabric paper, it doesn't rip as easy. Your possibilities are limitless when making these beautiful paper roses.
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial on how to make easy paper roses step by step.
© 2012 Mary
More by this Author
There is no magic button when trying to make your girlfriend/wife weak in the knees. The secret to making a woman happy starts within the heart.
This is a tutorial on how to draw caricature, using basic shapes as a guideline. I love drawing caricatures they allow you to let your imagination run wild.
I finally did it. I gave up cigarettes after years of smoking, and I feel incredible. In this article I discuss what happens to your body after you quit smoking.