How to Arrange Artificial Silk Flowers
Most people are not floral arrangers or designers, and prefer to let experts create their artificial silk flowers and floral arrangements, confident that they will assemble the perfect silk flower arrangement to complement their interior design theme or send as a gift. A specialist silk plant company using professional designers to arrange bouquets, artfully and skillfully, will ensure that your silk arrangements are elegant, energetic, and beautiful
How To Arrange Artificial Silk Flowers As A Hobby
However, many people love to arrange flowers as a hobby, and embrace the challenge of creating their own floral displays, allowing them to inject a little of their personality into every single arrangement. Buying loose stems and a little equipment from a specialist silk plants company will allow you to enjoy the ancient art of flower arranging, a truly addictive pastime. If you are unsure about how to arrange artificial silk flowers, here are a few tips:
- Select an elegant vase or silk flower container to complement your design. In most cases, a tall, slender glass vase works best, and shows off your silk flower stems beautifully.
- Choose a primary flower, often called the focal flower, to form the backbone of your display. Most silk flower retailers allow you to purchase individual stems at various stages of growth, giving you a great deal of flexibility with the arrangement. For example, you can buy full open roses, medium roses, and rose buds, letting you create a layered, three-dimensional effect.
- Alternatively, instead of selecting flowers at various stages of growth, you can select three complementary shades of the same plant, such as three different colors of lilac
- Once you have established what you want to use as your focal flower, you can begin preparing the single silk flowers, using heavy gauge wire cutters to trim the stems to their carrying lengths. Ideally, you should start with the tallest artificial flower and cut each flower individually, to give the impression of a bouquet in the vase. You can also decide whether to put the tallest flower in the centre or at the rear of the bouquet; this depends upon whether the silk flower arrangement will sit in the center of a table or against a wall.
- In many cases, especially with ‘strong colors,’ a ‘filler flower’ mixed in with the primary, focal flowers makes for a more interesting bouquet. Contrasting green foliage, such as a curly willow branch, or a gypsophila for fullness, can carry a flower arrangement into the realm of the truly sublime.
- Try to keep it simple and sweet; using too many shades and varieties of flower makes the display ‘too noisy,’ and you risk losing the message. Many of the most striking designs have a single flower type, relying on the beauty and elegance of the flowers to make the statement.
- Many people add glass marbles or colored gems to the bottom of the vase, which, apart from adding to the beauty of the silk flower arrangement, also keep the fake flowers in place and conceal the bottoms of the stems.
Why Arrange Artificial Silk Flowers - The Benefits
The main advantage of using these silk arrangements is that they are not fixed and, because they are only loosely fixed in the vase, you can add and remove individual flowers at will, as the seasons change or if you want a fresh look. For example, you could use forsythia or cherry blossom in the spring, bright peonies in the late spring, and sunflowers and daisies in the summer. You really are limited only by your own imagination and can change and augment your silk arrangement as often as you like.
Apart from being a fun pastime and a chance to show your artistic talent, silk flower arranging saves you money, because you can reuse your vases and flowers to make new, fresh arrangements as your skill develops. It really is an addictive hobby, and many silk flower enthusiasts soon start making bouquets and floral arrangements for friends and family.
If you want to enter the delightful world of flower arranging, buying high-quality silk flowers is essential, because the cheaper varieties often lack detail and do not have robust, high-quality wire stemming. The highest quality silk single flower stems are hand airbrushed, making every single one truly unique, ensuring that your artificial silk flowers designs are a powerful display of your artistry and skill.
More by this Author
Knowing how to store silk flowers ensures that you can take advantage of their beauty for many years Many people like to store their silk flowers, bringing them out to use at a later date. Perhaps they want to...
Silk plants and silk flowers are rapidly growing popularity, due to their versatility in the home and office. Whether you want to use silk plants as the perfect decor for your home, or you are looking for a gift,...
Artificial silk plants are a wonderful way to include the great outdoors as an integral part of your interior design. Low priced and easy to maintain, they are rapidly becoming indispensable to interior designers and...