How to Draw a WereWolf or Wolf Human
Whether a wolf turns into a human or a human turns into a wolf these creatures are known to stalk the earth during a full moon. Drawing these creatures requires knowing how to draw a human and wolf along with being able to combine the two in order to create one creature of the night. When drawing a Wolf-Human give it the head of a wolf and the body of the human along with lots of hair.
- Create a grid on a piece of paper by drawing horizontal and vertical lines using a ruler. For example, to create a 1x1 grid draws each horizontal line one inch apart from each other. Then create vertical lines one inch apart from each other. Draw lightly as these lines will be erased once the drawing is done.
- Draw a diagonal oval shape slightly slanted to the side to represent a head that is approximately two square high and one and half squares wide.
- Draw a larger oval shape for the upper body starting from the center of the head and extending down and across two squares. It should cover four squares in total. Erase the line that goes through the head.
- Draw the lower body by starting at the end of the upper body and extends to four squares lengthwise. This should only be one square in height.
- Draw the two lines to represent the lower legs and thighs starting at the last square of each side of the lower body. Create one for the leg and then create an oval extending out to create the foot.
- Create details for the feet by drawing four ovals for the toes. Add more details by drawing toe nails extending out from beyond the toes.
- Draw the left arm one square over from the body and extends down two squares. Create the hand by drawing a circle that is one square above the arm. Create the right arm by drawing an oval at the bottom of the body and then a circle at the end of the oval for the hand.
- Create details within the circle for the hand by drawing four ovals for the fingers and one oval for the thumb. Add more details by drawing finger nails extending out from the fingers.
- Add details such as pointed ears and eyes and a mouth that has teeth extending out. Draw a fierce looking mouth by drawing a sideways crescent moon shape that is facing down. Make it wide enough to add teeth.
- Draw a row of zigzag lines to represent teeth on the top and bottom of the mouth. Then emphasize two bottom teeth by making them extra long canine teeth that are pointed up.
- Draw circles to represent the eye and shade in the lower part to represent the pupils. Create upward slanted eyebrows.
- Draw a line coming down from each eyebrow between the eyes and then add an oval at the end to represent the nose.
- Drawhair by creating zigzag lines around the body including the head and face.
- Erase grid lines and any other lines not needed.
“I Can Draw Creepy Creatures;” Walter Foster; 2001
More by this Author
Netherlandish Proverbs by Pieter Bruegel is a 16th century painting based on proverbs and created in a comedy format.