Beaded Wine Glass Hoops: Step by Step Instructions
Beverage I.D. Hoops
Need a gift to give that is unique and won’t break the bank? With a little imagination and few bucks, you can have a great gift in minutes. These handmade beverage I.D hoops are simple to make and loved by all!
Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Make some with a sea creature theme for the boat
- Find a great theme for a friend and get a pretty little box and a beautiful big bow and wrap them up by themselves for a great birthday gift
- Add them to a basket with a bottle of bubbly, cheese and crackers and a few wine glasses for the perfect hostess gift
- Gather together Margarita mixer, salt, tortilla chips, salsa and a few margarita glasses and toss some id charms into a bucket and you have the perfect "any occasion" gift
- Make some with Holiday charms and give them as a holiday gift - very simple and inexpensive
There are so many ideas - just use your imagination
To make a set of six you will need the following materials. All of the materials can be purchased at any shop that sells crafting supplies. (Michaels, Walmart, AC Moore, Online, even the Dollar Store, etc)
6 wire hoops (an assortment can be found at any craft shop)
6 focal beads all of the same color (something for the center)
Assortment of colored seed beads (6 different colors)
Pliers - or beading pliers
Once you have gathered your supplies you are ready to go. Follow these written instructions, along with the video and you will have a gift to give in minutes.
1) Lay out all of your supplies
2) Holding the flat end of the wire hoop (one end has a loop), string on 8 seed beads
3) Add the focal bead
4) Add the remaining 8 seed beads
5) Take the pliers and place them at the end of the flat end of the wire hoop and bend upward just enough to give it a little bend in the wire - this will be the closure
6) Hook the bent end of the wire hoop into the loop on the other side
7) Repeat steps 1 through 6
Other IdeasClick thumbnail to view full-size
Congratulations! You have just made your first beverage I.D. hoop. The possibilities are endless. You can use any type of beads, charms, findings, etc.
Make them for Hostess Gifts, Wedding Favors, Halloween Parties, Anniversaries, Holiday Gifts, or Birthday Gifts, just to name a few.
Furthermore, why not make it a family affair and enlist the children to make some for the teachers at school. Maybe they are having a school bazaar - what a great item (package them in a set of six and wrap them in little drawstring bags (you can find them at the Dollar Store)
You can’t go wrong with a gift like this!
Do you have a project you would like to share?
- Signup For HubPages
Start sharing what you know - Poetry, Crafts, Projects, Whatever - It's absolutely free to join and you get paid for sharing. Just click the link and get started today.
© 2011 bellartdesigns
More by this Author
Candy Jar...Cookie Jar...Goodie Jar... It all means the same thing to a child. This tutorial gives step by step instructions on how to turn an ordinary flower pot into a wonderful candy dish, cookie jar, or goodie jar,...
Growing up in my house was like growing up with Emily Post or Miss Manners. You just knew etiquette – it was part of your legacy. It wasn’t a choice. So, with that, you can imagine that you had to give into...
One perennial that loves to reside in a container is the Confederate Jasmine (Trachelospermum Jasminoides). Lavish tiny white flowers deliver an abundance of sweet smell.