Crafts for Children: How to Turn Smooth Rocks Into Decorated Paperweights
- If you are an artist, you are already ahead of the game...take note of the rock art used with this article. If you are not an artist, but would still like to make some holiday-themed paperweights with your child, I can show you what it takes and how to do it. Rock paperweights are a perfect craft for children with an adult to supervise and take care of the steps that might not be kid-friendly (handling varnish and glue, for example).
- Your child could start now and make paperweights for all of his/her teachers. There is no such thing as an ugly craft when made by the hands of a child. Let's get started.
- These are the things you will need:
- * Smooth stones
* Acrylic paint
* Soft brushes (small and medium)
* Acrylic matte varnish
* Liquitex Opal Blue iridescent paint
* Wide rubber bands
* Some acrylic jewels (if you like them)
* Silicone glue
More by this Author
Nikki Garrett is one of the most gifted artists I have ever met. I hope you enjoy reading about her and her artistic talents. She is an Arkansas native and a personal friend of mine.
When you cut fresh flowers to display in a vase, you want them to stay gorgeous for as long as possible. This is a tutorial on how to keep cut flowers looking great longer.
This is a how-to article on growing camellia flowers from cuttings. If you have a beautiful camellia plant, you can actually "clone" it!