How to Make Sand Art in a Bottle
Making sand art in a bottle is a beautiful, fairly inexpensive home-crafting exercise that can be a lot of fun for children as well as for adults.
What You Will Need
- Clear bottle
- Lid, cap, or cork
- Funnel (optional)
- Colored sand
- Select any size or shape clear bottle, wash it with soap and water and set it aside to dry fully.
- Decide on a color scheme and set those colors of sand aside.
- After you’ve created a mental plan of how you want your sand art to look, take the color you have chosen for your bottom layer and carefully pour just a small amount at a time until you achieve your desired result. NOTE: using a funnel isn’t necessary, but will significantly help, especially if this is an activity you are doing with a child.
- Once your first layer is poured, decide whether you would like your design to remain flat, or have a diagonal angle. If you choose a diagonal design, tilt your bottle and tap one side until your angle is achieved. This angle will serve as your foundation for following layers.
- Continue your layering process using the colors of your choice. DO NOT move or shake your bottle as layers are added or all of your colors will quickly blend together and your project will be ruined.
- Once your design is complete, add a thin layer of glue to your lid, cap or cork in place it back on your bottle. Important: never shake your bottle as your layers will completely disappear.