How to Make a Great Father's Day Card using your Cricut Machine
Making a homemade Father's Day card has long been a tradition in my family. Even the youngest child can create a memorable card easily with crayons and cardstock. Using my Cricut machine and with a little help from me, this Cricut card for Father's Day was easy to make and alot of fun. Not to mention time spent with my child.
I used my favorite Simply Charmed Cricut Cartridge. As I've said before, it has some type of cutout for every occasion. There are times I use different cutouts from different cartridge to create the entire layout or card I wish, but this time I went directly by the Cricut instructions on creating the fun shirt and tie cutout for this special Father's Day card.
- Cricut Cartridge: Simply Charmed
- Blade Depth: #2
- Pressure: Max
- Speed: Medium
Medium Weight Cardstock as the cutouts were not intricate in nature and easy to cutout.
Return to the uncomplicated joys of life with the Simply Charmed cartridge. This delightful cartridge is filled with layered images with themes like seasons, holidays, and food. You will absolutely adore the whimsical style, range of images, and Word feature. Use the latest Cricut cartridges to create unique and engaging designs for every occasion. The versatility of the cartridges will surprise even the most imaginative crafters.
These accessories are designed to work with all Cricut machines. Use these custom-designed tools for creating and moving the most intricate paper crafts. The Cricut Essentials Kit comes with spatula, tool kit, replacement blade, paper trimmer, 6 by 12 inch cutting mat, 6 by 12 inch pad of cardstock paper, and 6 by 12 inch pad of printed paper. 7- Piece tool kit comes in a zippered carrying case and includes bone folder, hook, knife, clear ruler, scoop, scraper, and scissors. Tools feature comfortable-to-grip rubber handles.
Step by Step
1. Choose a coordinating piece of cardstock for the background layer of your card. I chose a lightly textured and colored piece.
2. Cut one <ShirtTie>, pg 42, size 4 1/4" using the Shadow, Shift and ShirtTie keyboard key for the bottom layer.
3. Adhere the shadow cutout of the shirttie to the card itself.
4. Cut one <ShirtTie>, pg 42, size 4 1/4" using the Shift and ShirtTie keyboard key for the Shirt and Collar Cutouts.
5. Adhere the Shirt and Collar cutouts to the card.
6. Cut one <ShirtTie>, pg 42, size 4 1/4" using the Layer 1, Shift, and ShirtTie keyboard key for the Tie cutout.
7. Adhere the tie in place on the card making sure the bottom tip is placed in the shirt cutout tip.
8. Cut one <ShirtTie>, pg 42, size 4 1/4" using the Layer 2, Shift, and ShirtTie keyboard key for the tie knot background cutout. This will peek through the smiley face cutout.
9. Adhere the tie knot background cutout to the top of the tie. Try to center this cutout so the color of the tie cutout doesn't show on the sides.
10. Cut one <ShirtTie>, pg 42, size 4 1/4" using the Layer 4, Shift and ShirtTie keyboard key for the smiley face and tie stripes.
11. Adhere the smiley face and stripes to the tie. They are cut to be placed specifically so the slant and flat edges will look like tie stripes.
12. Cut one <ShirtTie>, pg 42, size 4 1/4" using the Layer 3, Shift, and ShirtTie keyboard key for the cheeks. I chose a blue color cardstock, but you might want to go with the tradtional pink cheeks.
13. Adhere each cheek to either side of the smiley face.
14. Cut one <ShirtTie>, pg 42, size 1 1/2" using the Word and ShirtTie keyboard key for the sentiment intricate cutout.
Cut one <ShirtTie>, page 42, size 1 1/2" using the Word, Shift, and ShirtTie keyboard key for the sentiment shadow cutout.
15. Adhere the intricate to the shadow sentiment and adhere to the top left of the card. You are finished. A Father's Day card is difficult to put embellishments on but if the Father you are making this card for has a special hobby, you might want to checkout the fun embellishments at scrapbooking supply stores.
More by this Author
This birthday card was for a teenage girl; I wanted it to look feminine but not too young. Colorful cardstock makes every homemade card fun to make and receive.
The Cricut Personal Paper Cutter machine has expanded my creativity to no bounds. I am able to create beautiful and meaningful greeting cards with the Cricut. The Cricut cartridges and cardstock are all that I need to...
Don't buy Laundry Detergent, make your own! It is easy and only takes about 15 minutes to do. Costs pennies per load. The ingredients are pure with a wonderful smell-no perfumes/dyes.